Free VCA exam of your choice from VMWARE

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Cant be done over the phone. Has to be done in person online only. The issue seems to still persist. They say it will be rectified in 24 hours.

Just got off the phone with pearson vue.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    yes ... it is working for more than 1 exam :)
    @chanakya I just called them .. they made it .
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I keep getting a "the sign in information you provided is not correct error" but, from the email from VMWare, they indicated: "http://www.pearsonvue.com/vmware
    to schedule your exam. Login using the name and Candidate ID provided above." Am using my candidate name as username and candidate ID as password - have any of you had such an issue in logging into Pearson Vue to schedule the exam ?
    Zorodzai wrote: »
    I keep getting a "the sign in information you provided is not correct error" but, from the email from VMWare, they indicated: "http://www.pearsonvue.com/vmware
    to schedule your exam. Login using the name and Candidate ID provided above." Am using my candidate name as username and candidate ID as password - have any of you had such an issue in logging into Pearson Vue to schedule the exam ?

Went through this problem ..

I think you need to create a new account for vmware in pearson Vue .. using ur first name , last name . and ID .
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Went through this problem ..

I think you need to create a new account for vmware in pearson Vue .. using ur first name , last name . and ID .

Oh ok, let me try that. Thanks - was completely stumped lol
    It is not happening via Customer Care in India though. They wont do it they say !

The online version is still not working ! Same error !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

• coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    epcg wrote: »
    Nutsacjac I have tried this already and they told me they cant do this for a online exam. If anyone does do this and it works please get the persons name. I'm still waiting on a email back.

taternuts666 the code VCA501 is good. I have talked to VMware and Pearson Vue about this. Both said its the right code for a free test.

All, you must call PeasonVue to get the discount, I smell fish on their end but after like 20 minutes of holding and waiting the rep. from Vue gave me the free exam.

They said it was something wrong with the promotion code(yeah right icon_neutral.gif)
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
    +18667527344.Call and register !

I just registered a couple of minutes ago. Call the above number and say you have a scheduling issue. They will transfer you to someone. They will register. If you want ask for Jody. She helped finish it in 2 minutes and I already have the 'you are registered for the exam VCA-DCV' email with me.

• Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    This test can be taken online when using this code?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
    Thats the idea. But Pearson has an issue with the ability to schedule it by yourself online. Thats why Call in and schedule. Write the exam at home on the web !

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It's official. Pearson sucks!

"We are unable to complete your request for a username and password for a VMware, Inc. testing account without receiving your authorization from VMware. Please contact VMware at VMware Certification and request a resend of your file. Please resubmit your request after VMware sends us your file."

I am losing interest in this ridiculous cert quickly.
  • epcgepcg Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Called again this morning and well they scheduled the exam over the phone. Yesterday they say they can't do it now they can. I hate Person Vue this was a joke. Also nothing back from tech support.
    You have to get approval from vmware for taking the exam. Go to vmware site and register for the exam - this gives you approval. Then the exam ( Link given in the email ). Takes about 1 Hour for the the exam to get registered.

I did that 4 days ago and got the email quickly. Did it for the VCA cloud as well as Desktop.

Is certification@vmware.com the best way to contact them?
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    SimonD. wrote: »
    I would say that the VCA has about the same worth as the CCENT or MCP, it's an introduction to the virtualisation stack (Cloud, DCV or Mobile, Networking to arrive soon).

That is a huge insult to those with a CCENT or MCP. The VCA is nothing but a sales and marketing tool for VMware. I would never put this cert on my resume unless I was interviewing for a VMware sales position.
    @cyber ...

first you need to get authorization from VMWARE ..
    next , u need to create a vmware account in pearson vue .. by providing ur name .. n candidate ID ... [on the right top , u can see create account]
    after creating , login with that account .. not your pearson vue account .
    then register ...
    this wrkd for me .. :)
  • SteveFTSteveFT Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 149
    From reading in this thread, it doesn't seem like the VCA is highly regarded (for good reason). That being said, do you think it would provide some basic value to someone trying to enter the IT field, along with CompTIA certifications? I figured it might be worth putting the VCA Cloud on my resume with my inexperience in the IT field (career change). Surely I would stop including it once I eventually obtain higher-level certifications. Thoughts on including it for someone entering the field? Is the Cloud the best choice of the free VCAs?
    Depends. Try the DCV instead. Might mean more to you instead of the cloud.

Weird, called VMware and they said there were duplicate accounts. They did something and I was able to log in and see my exams authorized. Also had to call Pearson as the discount code wasn't taking. Everyone was very helpful and just took 10 minutes. Now on to my useless cert.
  • taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    Just signed up for the exam. Pretty painless.... Had to call and PearsonVUE had me set up in about 5 min..... This probably won't have any value but oh well....

Does anyone know if this counts toward a partner level with VMWare?
    SteveFT wrote: »
    From reading in this thread, it doesn't seem like the VCA is highly regarded (for good reason). That being said, do you think it would provide some basic value to someone trying to enter the IT field, along with CompTIA certifications? I figured it might be worth putting the VCA Cloud on my resume with my inexperience in the IT field (career change). Surely I would stop including it once I eventually obtain higher-level certifications. Thoughts on including it for someone entering the field? Is the Cloud the best choice of the free VCAs?

I think the DCV would be a good bet, one it's free, two it explains the fundamental vmware hierarchy from a really high level. The upside is that it's easy to understand; I feel that it is a good prep for VCP given you have the $$$.

Experience: Studying for the VCP5 and finishing module 2 - VCA VMware fundamentals video.
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    Just registered for the VCA-WM. Didn't know you only had 2 days to take it though.

Anyone know if you can re-take it if you fail?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
    Just registered for the VCA-WM. Didn't know you only had 2 days to take it though.

Anyone know if you can re-take it if you fail?

I just failed 277, needed 300(VCA-DCV). it said 7 business days.

Make sure you the difference between the different technologies.....

Oh well, onto VCA Cloud
    @coty .

hw was ur exam ?
    frm which part more qts came ? .

I m going to attend tomorrow : worry:
  • ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    I just did the videos for the VCA-DCV, took under two hours and seemed simple enough. Just waiting for test authorization and then I'll probably have to call Pearson.
  • SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    Have a efw questions;

Need any account creation or anything specific to do on VMware site before scheduling the exam?
    Must you have said email from VM to take test?
    Can the code be used on more than one VCA exam?
    Links to the videos?

TIA
    @coty .

hw was ur exam ?
    frm which part more qts came ? .

I m going to attend tomorrow : worry:

-- It was more like "I have this problem, what vmware solution is appropriate for my needs", not gritty details on how configuration should be.
    The exam was straight forward, you HAVE to have a good idea on each individual solution if that makes sense to you.
    It was all mixed in difficulty and variation. (same nda stuff applies)
    Have a efw questions;

Need any account creation or anything specific to do on VMware site before scheduling the exam? - Yes, go to mylearn.vmware.com and register.
    Must you have said email from VM to take test? - Yes, after you create your account you go to vue.com and look at your exam authorizations.
    Can the code be used on more than one VCA exam? - I will let you know
    Links to the videos? -- mylearn.vmware.com will have them.

TIA

Need any account creation or anything specific to do on VMware site before scheduling the exam? - Yes, go to mylearn.vmware.com and register.
    Must you have said email from VM to take test? - Yes, after you create your account you go to vue.com and look at your exam authorizations.
    Can the code be used on more than one VCA exam? - I will let you know
    Links to the videos? -- mylearn.vmware.com will have them.