SANS CISSP Bootcamp

infosicinfosic Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone could please share the SANS CISSP bootcamp???

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What are you looking for? I hope you mean a review of the bootcamp.
  • infosicinfosic Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I'm looking for the videos and questions.... I'm in a place that i cannot attend bootcamp and cannot afford to pay it either... I totally know it is illegal to ask, but i have no other choice... Knowledge for share

Regards
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    What are you looking for? I hope you mean a review of the bootcamp.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Sorry, this community values ethics and respects intellectual property. You need to look elsewhere.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    That's not ethical infosic.... specially if you want to join the Info Sec community you have to make sure you follow our code of ethics.
  • redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree that knowledge should be shared, however your plea should be directed towards the owners of the proprietary courseware, not towards people who, presumably, have said certifications and are required to adhere to the associated code of ethics:

Protect society, the common good, necessary public trust and confidence, and the infrastructure.
    Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
    Provide diligent and competent service to principals.
    Advance and protect the profession.

If you are intent on attaining the training for this certification via illegal means, you'll likely have to do it without the assistance of current credential holders.

Books would be your best bet if you cannot afford a video boot camp, I seem to remember SearchSecurity having a CISSP Essentials(?) course that may be a good supplement - it was both free and legal, but you'll need to do the research to find that yourself.

EDIT: YO HUMBE! You ever finish your ISSAP? I did an ISSEP write up you may find helpful if you're moving on to that. I read through your old ISSAP thread while trying to decide which concentration to pursue :)
    redz wrote: »
    EDIT: YO HUMBE! You ever finish your ISSAP? I did an ISSEP write up you may find helpful if you're moving on to that. I read through your old ISSAP thread while trying to decide which concentration to pursue :)

Yo !

I took the exam back in March 1st but failed it by 40 pts.... I was about to kill myself because I had a migraine that whole day and by the time I sat down I couldn't even stare at the PC....

I'll be taking it probably by the end of the year as I have to catch up with all the content again, etc....

I'm going to update the thread as soon as I start putting some time on it.. I recently changed jobs too so... everything came together at the same time. I'm glad you were following my thread. If you have LinkedIn shoot me an invitation !
    I was already creeping on you on LI, and sent you an invitation earlier.

40 points...? I would probably cry. Good luck in the studies and keep the updates coming, that exam is beast.
    It's taken me some months to recover from that one... icon_cry.gif

I'm glad you got your ISSEP btw !! I'll probably go after that one soon !
    I hear that - I've never walked away from a test thinking I failed (except this one time, I took Japanese in High School and didn't take High School very seriously, so suffice to say I didn't know Japanese...), except for the ISSEP. I expected to get a score sheet that was like "You got a 30, how do you even breathe on your own?", and had already decided that I'd never attempt it again. I was thoroughly upset, so I can understand walking out of there and missing it by just a little bit.

I sent off all my study materials to an old friend (and returned the CBK to it's owner - like $50 I saved) or I'd offer them up.

I'd go for the ISSAP, but I'm just not technical enough. I don't think I even meet the "two years full time in one of the domains" requirement. I probably barely passed the CISSP in the first place because of Crypto, Telecom/Network Security, and Security Architecture. I assume the ISSAP would be way beyond me right now.

So I don't really feel that bad hijacking this thread for our own little conversation because I assume it'll be locked/deleted/whatever soon anyways just due to its nature.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Likewise, if you read the first page of text of any SANS material, there is a thorough and directed NDA saying you cannot share or sell SANS material(s) with others. All nice and legal, like.

The only exception to this would be the two practice exams which can be shared and often are granted for free.

- beads
  • philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    How about google and youtube? Worked for me... and everything I watched read is legal. If you spend 5 mins you can find a lot of good stuff like the giac pdf white papers.