Recommend a CISSP book

ElreyrioElreyrio Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I am starting to prepare for the CISSP.
Please recommend a good comprehensive book for the exam...thanks

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The CISSP 2E from Eric Conrad is a great book and one I would recommend. A lot of people swear by the Shon Harris AIO, but personally I had issues reading it (way too long). It really depends how much info sec experience you have and what you already know.
  • ElreyrioElreyrio Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for you reply TeKniques.
    I have 9 years of Security experience up into Identity and Access management mostly....Will this book (Eric Conard) still hold good with the experience i have?
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Elreyrio wrote: »
    I have 9 years of Security experience up into Identity and Access management mostly....Will this book (Eric Conard) still hold good with the experience i have?

I have been working in IAM for the past almost 6 years and just passed the CISSP last week using the Conrad Study Guide book as my primary. Also do pick up his 11th Hour book as I used it exclusively the last two months of study. I bought the AIO boxed set and its way too verbose.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    Oh thats awesome....Thank you JoJo (and congratulations!!!!)
    This is good, i think Conrad will be good for me as well. Will get along with the 11th Hour book....
    thank you both for the response....

Will get back if i have any questions during the course of study...Thanks again.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    I'd second that... Eric Conrad book was awesome for me.
  • redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As a supplementary book, I always recommend CISSP for Dummies. It's inexpensive (~$25), and presents the information in a way very different from other books. Not to knock their value in any way - I used a multitude of books in my studies. I just found CISSP for Dummies to have a unique manner of giving the same information that may help give you a more "full-circle" understanding of what is being taught.

Best of luck.
    Thank you Hambe, I just bought Eric Conrad...Starting with it.
    Thank you Redz...sure, will study CISSP for Dummies as well.
    And one more question, it is not mandatory to have a training right? I think, I can study by myself as I am working in IAM domain, but if it is mandatory, then i need to look for it. Please clarify
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□

Sorry for the late reply. As others have already mentioned, your experience is adequate and I believe the Conrad book will suit you well. Also, I second what Redz said about the CISSP for Dummies. I too used it as a supplementary resource and also thought it was a good book for the exam.

Good luck.
  • redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    And one more question, it is not mandatory to have a training right? I think, I can study by myself as I am working in IAM domain, but if it is mandatory, then i need to look for it. Please clarify
    There is no mandatory training for the CISSP. (ISC)2 will take your money whenever you feel you're ready.
    Awesome...thank you TeKniques.
    Yes, I bought Eric Conarad last night, will get it tomorrow morning. Thanks again.
    OK got you..thank you Redz.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Listen to redz comments.. he is very knowledgeable and always provide great advice.

You can always buy also the CCCure question engine which could be very helpful to prepare you for the exam. That's so you don't get a surprise when you sit on the exam.

icon_cheers.gif
    Sure Humbe. I will have CCCure also in the loop. thank you