Options

Thoughtrock vs ITILTrainingZone

arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello TE,

I am in need of some advice. I’m looking to get my ITIL 2011 icon_study.gifFoundations completed in the next couple of weeks. I ordered Liz Gallacher’s ITIL Foundation book, but I also wanted to complement my studying with a quick online course. The two companies that I ran across on TE are Thoughtrock and ITILTrainingZone. Both are reasonably priced and both look equally good, so I am looking for some advice from folks out here that have experience with these companies (or if you have other suggestions).

After I pass the foundation exam, I plan to go further and hopefully get my ITIL Intermediate Cert (Service Operations or SS, Not a 100% sure yet). With this in mind, I’m looking for an online course that I can complete very fast, but I still need something that will help me to fully understand ITIL in depth (and not only pass the test), because I will need to go further than just the foundation.

Thanks all for the help.

Comments

• Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    ITIL Training Zone are excellent for foundation all the way through to Expert.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    I used ThoughRock for ITIL foundations. I found the videos informative, but found the notes and documentation invaluable, as well as the practice tests.

Good luck!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had good experience with Training Zone.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice all. I think I will go with ITIL Training Zone since I plan to dive deeper into this cert after foundation. This is the company that I will use later on regardless, so I'm better off starting with them. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    ITIL Training Zone are excellent for foundation all the way through to Expert.

Claire's responsiveness is pretty impressive as well. So I'll be taking your advice. Thanks for the book you wrote, BTW. Love it so far.