Options

Need help please

Slice of LifeSlice of Life Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi members;

I need an advice on itil self study material.
Get from Amazon this book last friday : ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide. The web site : ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide: Liz Gallacher, Helen Morris: 9781119942757: Amazon.com: Books
By searching on internet i found free study guides like taru , throughtherock and Springer.ITIL.2011.At.a.Glance so that let me quite disturbed.

Any advice welcom

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Slice of Life, there is a lot of free material available on the internet, but most of it is either out of date or inaccurate. If you purchase a book or a course that is officially licensed, you are guaranteed that it meets the quality standards laid down by the accreditor. Liz and Helen's book is excellent and has been reviewed to confirm it meets the Foundation syllabus standards. It's a small investment compared to the cost of resitting the exam if you've used inaccurate material. Claire
  • Options
    Slice of LifeSlice of Life Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire ; Thanks for your reply ; i already buyed the book .
    Is there any approach to read the book in few time ; i would like help please
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    I'm reading that book now. I take notes in OneNote as I read a chapter. There's no reason to rush through it, it won't take you that long to get through the material anyway.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Slice, Liz Gallacher (one of the authors) is on these boards quite a lot so hopefully she will be able to give you some guidance on the best way to use the book. Claire
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    The book is written to make it easy to work your way through the course systematically. Key points are highlighted, every chapter ends with a reminder list of what you need to have learned from it, and yhere are quiz questions after every chapter. there are also quiz questions at the end of the book, as well as 2 official mock exams, all with explanations. If you are scoring well in those, you should pass the exam.
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slice of Life,

I certainly have to acknowledge that Liz's and Helen's book is an excellent book to prepare for the ITIL Foundations. I was fortunate in that our whole IT group at my employer also went through some instructor-led training as well, but I also used their book because I learn better by reading.

As far as the ITIL framework, I would recommend that anyone in IT at least aim for the ITIL Foundations certification to become familiar with the basics. I think the knowledge helped transform the perspectives of many in our department - myself included - into seeing their parts in the IT processes, and how a structured design, implementation, and support cycle can help an organization see IT bring services to the business.