Options

GCIA Practice Exam Giveaway

Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed GCIA. Have 1 practice test to giveaway....
A little advice on SANS SEC503:
Make sure you know TCPdump, Snort and Wireshark. How to write the correct syntax in their rules and filters. Know their outputs and what is happening. Going back and forth to hex and decimal is needed but not a biggie. There are plenty of conversion tables on the web. Understand IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv6 headers and how to get the info out of them. 503 was a pretty good course and I learned a lot more than I thought I wouldn't have. Next week GCFA. Anybody know what I should expect?
2014 GOALS
> GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats!

I'm sitting SEC504 right now, will do the Capture The Flag tomorrow. Very excited.
  • Options
    Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have fun!! TIP: Always remember to enum every machine!!! icon_wink.gif
    2014 GOALS
    > GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]
  • Options
    MechsMechs Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can I take the practise exam, pretty please?!

I am trying to learn GCIA concepts and it will be a good barometer as to where I currently amicon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    kkekke Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi Psyco32, I would like to take the practice exam:) I just passed the WCNA(Wireshark Certified Network Analyst) on December 20th and I am preparing for the GCIA on my own(by reading books Network Intrusion Detection, The tao of network security monitoring, and The practice of network security monitoring, etc)
    My email address at SANS is 25-28-28-740 at qq.com(please remove the 3 dashes between the numbers)