ITIL Pass

krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
Passed the foundations exam today. I studied for about 3 weeks total. I basically read through Liz Gallacher's book, then went back and took the end of chapter quizzes. After I brushed up on the questions I missed on the quizzes I took the official ITIL practice exam and did well on that so I went and sat the exam. I tried watching the CBT nuggets videos but they were too dry and boring. The guy that did those videos tends to get off on a tangent like Jeremy in the CCNA videos. For this dry of material I wanted a resource that got straight to the point, and I found that in Liz's book.

Thanks again Liz, your book is a great resource for the foundations exam.
2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]

Comments

• cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Cheers.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Would you do any more of the ITIL exams, or back to the tech certs?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Congrats!

I'm not doing any more ITIL exams. I don't see any value in it for my situation. Back to the tech certs.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I am taking my ITIL toay as well in about 3 hours.

I only studied for about 4 days, skimmed through Liz's book and read some study guides posted through the interwebz.

I also feel that someone in my situation, I wont be pursuing it any further. Some places are looking for MoF Foundation, which is Microsofts' version of ITIL, but more specific and geared towards IT TQM.

I think with ITIL-F, atleast for me, it'll show potential employers and my employer now, that I am not just a tech, I am business oriented and want to move up vs being stuck as a tech.

The best quote I have ever heard from a CEO who is also a tech....

"It's not a bad thing to know a bunch of $hit"
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck LittleBIT! Those are some wise words from the CEO icon_smile.gif