Options

Questions on the Server+ :Are they really so wordy? Is the test really 100 questions?

evarneyevarney Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I was using both the Kaplan and Transcender practice tests and I found them to have questions that literally take you three to four times as long to read than the ones in the VCE file I purchased.

Perhaps its just me, but the material in the first two seems to be extremely verbose. Has anyone else experienced that?

example:

clear_pixel.gif
"You are nearing the completion of an upgrade that involves implementing a new network infrastructure and upgrading the operating systems running on your network servers. Currently, static IP addresses and HOSTS files are used. The upgrade has included implementing DNS, implementing DHCP, and moving servers and other resources to a new location with new IP addresses. However, you cannot access the resources that were moved using their host names from any of the client workstations. You can access them by their IP addresses."

Answers :

What should you do first?

Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

Delete the HOSTS file on each workstation.

Import the workstations' names and address mapping to DNS.

Configure DHCP to supply a different range of IP addresses to the workstations.

Is it just me, or are these questions really wordy compared to what is usually showing up on compTIA?

It almost seems like they borrowed the questions and added about two extra sentences. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No one can tell you the exact questions on the test as that would violate the NDA. I can tell you from my experience with CompTia the exams tend to not be over verbose, and are usually rather straight to the point. Also, be careful with downloading those VCE's, a lot of those are **** and can also violate the NDAs.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    evarneyevarney Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I bought the VCE from amazon. Whats a NDA
  • Options
    coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    evarney wrote: »
    I bought the VCE from amazon. Whats a NDA

Non-disclosure agreement. When you take the test you more or less promise that you won't go out after and blab all the questions, sims, and answers to everyone. Violating the NDA can result in getting your certs revoked and being banned from future certs.

In regards to the OP - CompTIA exams are usually one or two sentences per question, at most. I won't go into particular details but they usually don't try to trick you in the questions (like Microsoft may do). Straightforward stuff - either you know it or you don't.
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • Options
    coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh and to answer the second half of your question in the thread title, yes this exam is 100 questions. There are no simulations.
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure