Options

10.8 Mac Integration vs 10.9 Mac Integration Certs

I'm quite new to the newer Macs in general, and my company is starting to form a MAC support team. I haven't used a MAC in years. I am trying to get on the team (better hours, raise..etc).

Question is, is there any difference between the 10.8 and 10.9? I know they are online tests, open book pretty much. Is it worth getting the 10.8 with the 10.9? or the 10.9 would cover the 10.8 and just follow the 10.9 path?

Sorry to ask the questions.. but I am not so familiar with the MAC OS.

Is OS 10.8 vs OS 10.9 like Vista vs Win7 type deal?

Thanks!
"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why not get both? Start with 10.8 then take 10.9. There are subtle differences, but I think you'll find them nearly identical. Compare the documents that Apple publishes. From my understanding, they are all you will need.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Why not get both? Start with 10.8 then take 10.9. There are subtle differences, but I think you'll find them nearly identical. Compare the documents that Apple publishes. From my understanding, they are all you will need.

Why take both? Well, I don't have the money to take both at the moment. If they are that close, I will just study 10.9 and that can apply for 10.8.
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• Options
    Kyler123Kyler123 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    will these certs land you a job? atleaset a apple store job?
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    It's not really an "apple retail Store" certification. it is a basic cert for those that want to join a couple of Macs to a windows domain and know how to set up a printer. It is the bottom of the ladder before you start learning how to package programs, etc.

I recommend getting the 10.9 as it covers 10.8 and 10.9 as there is not really any changes.

I am going to sit the 10.9 one saturday when I get bored. These Apple exams are easy if you use them day to day, or if you read the PDF, the answers are in the book, you just need to read it.

Good Luck.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com