Options

Coming Soon in 2014… New CISSP® Exam Questions

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
[h=2]Innovative Drag & Drop and Hotspot CISSP Questions[/h]Beginning in 2014, (ISC)²® will introduce new innovative Drag & Drop and Hotspot questions in its flagship CISSP certification examination. Innovative question types provide several benefits over simple four-option multiple choice items.Benefits of the new CISSP questions include:
  • Measures knowledge at higher cognitive levels
  • Measures a broader range of skills
  • Provides more realistic simulation of practice in the field
  • Provides opportunities for broader content coverage than may be possible with multiple choice questions
[h=2]How will the New CISSP Questions be scored?[/h]Innovative questions will be scored in the same way that a multiple-choice question is scored because there is only one right answer to each item. All questions, both multiple choice and innovative types will be equally weighted when determining scores. The total testing time for the CISSP examination will remain the same. Addition of such items should not impact candidates’ ability to complete the examination within the time limit.
[h=2][/h]
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I plan on taking the CISSP here either in December or at the latest January.

Do we have a timeframe on how soon this will be implemented?
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    I plan on taking the CISSP here either in December or at the latest January.

Do we have a timeframe on how soon this will be implemented?

January 1 from my understanding
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    January 1 from my understanding

I just emailed (ISC)2 to see what they say. I will post what I find out here.

If this is true, then I'm going to have to get a new book and then wait for Transcender to create a new test bank for the new test.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    More information on the drag and drop questions on the following thread.
  • Options
    Here is the response from ISC2
    [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Dear [/FONT]

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Please be advised that the content of the CISSP Exam will not being changing in the beginning of 2014. The CISSP Exam Questions will be changing to a new format. I have provided you the Coming Soon... New CISSP Exam Questions link here. https://www.isc2.org/innovative-cissp-questions/Default.aspx

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Best Regards,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial] Michelle Fuhrmann

(ISC)2
    Security Transcends Technology
    (P) 1.866.331.4722 (US and Canada only)
    or 1.727.785.0189
    (F) 1.727.786.2989
    Please Visit us at www.isc2.org

[/FONT]

-unknown
  • Options
    liceriolicerio Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is it me or was that response broken english? "will not being changing" What is that mean? Is it or is it not changing January 2014?

P.S. so funny (in my asian accent)! haha.
  • Options
    Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    licerio wrote: »
    Is it me or was that response broken english? "will not being changing" What is that mean? Is it or is it not changing January 2014?

P.S. so funny (in my asian accent)! haha.

As mentioned in the other thread: The current time frame for the new questions is Q1 2014. There may be situations beyond (ISC)2's control related to our testing vendor that pushes this date further out in Q1 2014, hence the vague time frame. For what it's worth, the new item types are not too much different from multiple choice items.

If you would like to receive more information about the new CISSP exam questions, e-mail advanceitems[AT]isc2.org. If you would like to express your opinion about the changes, contact Member Support at 866-331-4722 ext. 4 or at MemberSupport[AT]isc2.org.