Options

Passed GCIH - Ugly Pass

I-ballI-ball Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wrote GCIH today, passed with a 76%, was hovering around 85% for a while but then I started to blow out on some topics . I was rather surprised at the level of difficulty this exam and also that some of the questions seemed to go beyond the scope of the course ware. I studied for about 3 weeks and took piles of notes. I had an index from a friend who wrote it last month. That came in handy.

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @I-ball - congrats on passing GCIH - a pass is a pass is a pass...
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    I-ballI-ball Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    @I-ball - congrats on passing GCIH - a pass is a pass is a pass...

I know, Thanks! :)
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congrats on the pass. Same percentage too ! Pass is a pass ! What are your plans for the future ?
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The minimum passing score for the GCIH exam is 72%, so you were possibly one or two questions away from failing. Be sure to review your weak areas as indicated by the final score tally that you received after your exam completed.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ITrascalITrascal Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    that week long seminar is expensive and so is the the exam attempt.
  • Options
    bkhayesbkhayes Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I-ball wrote: »
    I wrote GCIH today, passed with a 76%, was hovering around 85% for a while but then I started to blow out on some topics . I was rather surprised at the level of difficulty this exam and also that some of the questions seemed to go beyond the scope of the course ware. I studied for about 3 weeks and took piles of notes. I had an index from a friend who wrote it last month. That came in handy.
    I am taking the sans course in March that prepares a person for this exam. i'm attempting to prepare myself for that 6 day class for the GCIH. Does anyone here who has passed the exam have any suggestions for passing this exam. anything that i can do in the mean team to help me get ready for the class so i can absorb the material better in March? please any suggestions? is there anyplace that i can get some practice exams at? when a person takes the actual course....do they give the student a hardcopy book that can be used when taking the exam since it is an open book exam?