Options

SANS Masters Programs are now accredited

Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
2014 GOALS
> GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]

Comments

• Options
    laughing_manlaughing_man Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just saw the announcement for this on the adviosry board. Awesome news!
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually, I was considering going to SANS for my graduate degree, but then I saw that it was not regionally accredited. However, now that it is regionally accredited, by the Middle States Commission, it will give me something to consider. SANS reputation is very significant (especially for their training with GIAC certs), so having a regionally accredited degree from SANS may be a good employment edge.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Approx $50,000+ (including fees and in-person requirements) is pretty steep, like their training, I'm sure they are hoping that employers will shell out the bucks. The GSE is the capstone requirement for one of the programs, I've been told that this is no joke (tough exam/lab).
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea if I could have someone pay for it, I would be love to take all of those courses.
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations to SANS. I considered SANS for a master's degree before ultimately deciding on WGU. The price tag was just too steep for my employer to fully reimburse.
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.