Options

CISM exam tomorrow - how's everyone feeling?

wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,
new to forums and threads etc so this might seem and odd one. I'm just reaching out as like many of you, I have the CISM tomorrow.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I've read the RM cover to cover twice, picking up on more 'important' concepts on the 2nd read based on questions I came across in the 900-DB Q set.

I attended a two day Megamind course, did fairly well; as in no major surprises.

I'm just going over Glossary and concepts and definitions today. I wonder if the CISM is like the CISSP in that once you get to the exam center, it's actually not that big a deal? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm optimistic...but my father's been in the hospital since thanksgiving and I haven't had as much time to study as I'd like.

I read the CRM twice, did 90% of the QA DB and outlined the material.

I did well on the CISA exam in June so let's hope we do well for Christmas!

Good luck to you, and everyone, tomorrow!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your Father Dover. Good luck in the exam buddy!

Re the 900q DB set - I find if I take a 50 set exam with only the answers I have MISSED, I'm still missing them. Something's not quite gelling. Whereas if I take any number of 100 q exams from ALL category, I fly through no problems.

I guess if it isn't already in, it's not going in. Let's pray for a sensible split of easy/medium/complicated questions eh? ;)
  • Options
    Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not quite as confident as I would like to be. I'm skirting too close to the line on the sample test. But if I am able to review tonight without interruption, get plenty of rest, I should be able to relax and concentrate on the test. I did well on the CISA in September, so we'll see when the time comes. Good luck to 'yaw' and have a very merry Christmas.
  • Options
    t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to here about your father Dover, I've had some personal issues also which has hampered my study plans. But, I think I'm ready for the exam now, did about 600 questions from the DB. Can't wait until tomorrow is over! Good luck to everyone taking any of the ISACA exams tomorrow!
  • Options
    SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am also appearing for the exam tomorrow. I went through the CRM once and practicing the Q/A DB. I hope to clear the exam!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Thanks
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone! I bet we are all glad when today is over! ;)
  • Options
    Thanks t17hha, he's doing much better now.

So what is your impressions post-test? I was actually feeling much better about this exam than the CISA in June. But no way to tell for another 6 weeks right?
  • Options
    t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's good to hear.

I'm a little unsure on what to think, I understood all the content, but it's just 50/50 with a lot of questions. I felt a lot more confident when I sat my CISSP earlier in the year then I did during/after this exam. Yup, best of luck, hope we all pass and then talk about how easy it was :)
    dover wrote: »
    Thanks t17hha, he's doing much better now.

So what is your impressions post-test? I was actually feeling much better about this exam than the CISA in June. But no way to tell for another 6 weeks right?
  • Options
    I walked out of the exam feeling like it's marginally more likely that I passed than failed, but only marginally. We'll see. The environment was very strange to me as it's my 1st 'University style' exam. I know it's a little early to ask, but has anyone had results yet?
  • Options
    Not yet, results will probably start coming out on Thursday or Friday this week for CISA/CISM. Then a few weeks later for the others.
  • Options
    Thanks Dover. I've moved from my ISACA registered home address (out to Spain actually, weather in the UK is awful). I'm assuming I can check my pass/fail status on my ISACA Certification profile on their website. Am I correct?
  • Options
    SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Dover. I've moved from my ISACA registered home address (out to Spain actually, weather in the UK is awful). I'm assuming I can check my pass/fail status on my ISACA Certification profile on their website. Am I correct?

You can go back to your e-mail and check for an e-mail titled
    2013 December CISM Exam Registration Details

That should tell you what options you selected. GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    ButlbrButlbr Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got my results. Got a 481! Woohoo!
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass! I don't think the ISACA web site will be updated until later. I got my results - 678 (pass!) - but my profile still says results pending. Good luck to everyone getting results!
  • Options
    Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dover, the 678 put you in what, the top 1%? ! 656 place me in top 5% and you're higher than that. Congratulations.
  • Options
    vidog2000vidog2000 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Successfully passed CISM with a score of 609, top 10% elated!!
  • Options
    Hello All, passed with 624. Very pleased indeed. Now, what does this really mean? Does anyone have any idea of how many people sat the exam, even approx.? Congrats to all who passed btw!
  • Options
    Congratulations Rolex. I don't think ISACA releases that information, so top xx% really doesn't mean much. A pass is a pass. So what's next?
  • Options
    ButlbrButlbr Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to everyone that passed! I'm going for the CEH next, just because it's requested from my company. I'm hoping it will be a fair amount easier than the exams I've passed over the last year (GSEC, CISSP, CISM). All depends on how it's approached, I guess. :)
  • Options
    khiemkpkhiemkp Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ dover: i'm practicing the Q/A DB version 2013 for next exam but i'm worry.
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to all of those in this thread who passed (very productive year Butlbr). Could you guys give me any insight in what to expect from the CISM and what recommended study materials there are? I passed the CISSP in November and would like to pursue the CISM as well.