Spring 2014 VMware courses at Stanly Community College

Comments

• kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    tprice5 wrote: »
    Would like to hear more about how you've turned your blog into a money making venture. Feel free to PM me about it as it is something I would love to get into. Then again, who wouldn't want to get paid to voice their opinion on a subject they are interested in, right?
    I'm not really in it for the money at the moment. Currently I'm only getting a few cents for each ad view. When I say "Business Venture" I mean more in a line of informing, doing reviews, etc. hopefully get some clients as well (...or work with VMware ;) )
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Even if its its a few cents, or nothing at all, it's nice to have a little pet project that you can water and watch grow. I enjoy writing I just haven't found my niche yet. I am sure something will come along, or inspiration will strike, at some point.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
    Has anyone heard anything?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got my email about 4 minutes ago.

When did you apply for the course? I want to have an idea of when I'll get the email.
  • TechingForLifeTechingForLife Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm signed up and ready to go. What VMware account info is needed? Is this our personal info to get signed up so VMWare knows who we are? Or do we sign up @ VMWare and let them know we are going thru Stanly? I'm new @ this stuff and have my certs from 2003 so I need to renew everything.
    When did you apply for the course? I want to have an idea of when I'll get the email.

I believe it was at the beginning of September.
    WGU MSISA
    Has anyone heard anything?

Got my email requesting payment...

Hey tprice5,

We have registered you for the VMware vSphere course and you can now make payment on your account using the following information. Your user id# is *******.

Select WebAdvisor and scroll to the bottom of the page and select Log In

The username and default password are as follows:

You will now be prompted to create your own unique password and it must be comprised of the following:
    • Must have at least 8 characters in length
    • Must have at least 1 uppercase letter
    • Must have at least 1 lowercase letter
    • Must have at least 1 number
    • Must be different than the previous 3 passwords
    • Must be nothing to do with any part of your name
    Once you have created your new password, you can log in and select Continuing Education on the right hand side and then select Pay on my account. Payment is expected at the time of registration to keep from being DELETED from the class. If you need something regarding your payment other than your payment confirmation, you may contact Cynthia Smithcsmith9220@stanly.edu, in our Business Office.

You may order your book online through our bookstore. Our Fall Continuing Education schedule has not been updated as of yet, so you may use the following information in order to complete your purchase.
    Term: CE SPRING 2014
    Department: CAS
    Course #: 300039
    Section #: 100

Your instructor will send you an email about a week before class starts with course information.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Jana Kennedy

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.
    WGU MSISA
    Good Afternoon,
    If you have already made payment for the VMware class, please disregard this message.
    Payment for the VMware vSphere class starting on January 15th must be paid by 5:00pm tomorrow, December 19th, to avoid being deleted from the class.
    Stanly Community College

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.
    WGU MSISA
    Call me a dreamer but I thought you guys would show a little more love to this thread. There can't be just 4(?) of us here in this class.
    WGU MSISA
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I signed up but never got the email to finalize payment etc
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Signed up and paid...
  • dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have signed up and paid for the class. I do need to order the book though.
  • richard612richard612 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was contacted by Stanly on Dec 19. They said my name had come up on the waitlist. I immediately registered and I've heard nothing since.

You guys have paid for the course already? I still need an invoice and payment instructions.
  • WittykayWittykay Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have make my payment, How do i know my instructor. I have a vmware account already.Am new to this technology. I need someone to enlighten me more
    Yes, I have all ready paid. No further instructions since the payment. Just sit tight and be patient. I skimmed the previous semesters thread and it looks like they didn't receive a whole lot of information going into Day 1 either.
    WGU MSISA
    tier~ wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what are the dates for the upcoming Spring and Summer terms? Thanks in advance.
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Tentatively, 1st 8 weeks: Jan.15 - Mar. 5 & 2nd 8 weeks: Mar. 19 - May 7.

Something I just noticed, and I'm probably just confused considering being in a different hemisphere.

I had thought Jan 15. - Mar 5. Would be Winter (Taking Christmas into consideration) 7 weeks of the course are in Winter (Summer for me) and Mar 19. - May 7 would be Spring (Autum/Fall for me)

Thanks
    The school year for K-12 is from August to May and everyone is out for a couple of months in the summer and a couple of weeks for Christmas.

Colleges follow a similar yearly schedule with Fall and Spring being their primary enrollment terms. Fall semester is generally around late August to the beginning of December. Some schools will then offer accelerated December classes.
    Spring semester is generally from January to early May. Again, accelerated courses are offered in May (My school called it 'Maymester'. Clever, I know). Following that is Summer semester if one elected to take a class at that time.

I view this class as an accelerated course. My school also offered these during Fall and Spring semesters and termed it 'Fall I'/'Spring I' if taken in the beginning of the semester or 'Fall II'/'Spring II' if taken at the latter half.
    WGU MSISA
    10 more days!
    WGU MSISA
  • MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    Have unmarked textbook and lab manual for this class if anyone would like to buy, send pm.

Can do paypal.
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hello All: Now that registration is complete, we will be sending out emails with instructor and log in information. You should all have your emails by Monday at the latest. Once the class actually starts, your instructor will give you additional information regarding your VMware accounts.

For those of you who were wondering, SCC has 3 semesters, Spring (Jan - mid May), Summer (mid May-mid Aug), & Winter (mid Aug - Dec). Many of our courses are 8 weeks in duration--that's how we can offer 2 sections & still call it Spring semester.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! We are looking forward to "seeing you" in class.
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    /still chillin on the waiting list.
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    :D Thanks for the reply! I'm excited to take this class! You guys rock!
    Hopefully you will be in the next round of classes! We apologize for the wait, but we are trying to service everyone in the order in which they registered.

BGraves wrote: »
    /still chillin on the waiting list.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the update, I am still waiting on the waiting list as well. I am assuming those that didn't get into the January semester will likely be in the next one that starts in May?
    Our semesters are 16 weeks long, but the VMware courses are only 8 weeks, so we run two classes each semester. The next VMware class will start around March 19th. As you know, in order to be fair to everyone, we contact potential students in the order in which they registered. If you want to send me a private message that includes your name, I can check to see when you registered.
    zxbane wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, I am still waiting on the waiting list as well. I am assuming those that didn't get into the January semester will likely be in the next one that starts in May?
  • kparker0925kparker0925 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I too am enrolled in this class starting on the 15th. Given I am in a different timezone (I'm in Australia), does it matter what time on the 15th (US Local time) I log in?

I was intending on getting up early (around 5am) on the 16th (my local time) to log in and start the ball rolling, which would equate to late afternoon US time. Is that likely to be an issue?

Still waiting for my textbooks to arrive, but from what I have read from the previous courses, that isn't too much of a problem? They are available to review online? Is this the case?

Looking forward to this! Any other Australians in this session?
    Hello,

I too am enrolled in this class starting on the 15th. Given I am in a different timezone (I'm in Australia), does it matter what time on the 15th (US Local time) I log in?

I was intending on getting up early (around 5am) on the 16th (my local time) to log in and start the ball rolling, which would equate to late afternoon US time. Is that likely to be an issue?

Still waiting for my textbooks to arrive, but from what I have read from the previous courses, that isn't too much of a problem? They are available to review online? Is this the case?

Looking forward to this! Any other Australians in this session?

Anytime on the first day is fine. There is an intro assignment which needs to be done that day. Otherwise, the class is offered asynchronously so you can study any time. The instructors have some video lectures uploaded so you should be able to get started even if your book is delayed.
    I have not received ANY email since the payment confirmation and the only contact information I have is Jana Kennedy. I need to obtain my login information for the course. I have emailed Ms. Kennedy but have yet to receive a response. I don't really know what else to do at this point.
    WGU MSISA
    Have you recieved one from Sylvia Lewis? Go to the http://moodle.stanly.edu/ page and attempt to login.
    I wouldn't even know what to input as the username, let alone the password. Lame. Can you hook me up with Sylvia Lewis' email?

EDIT: I've got a ticket in with the support desk. Hopefully I haven't been dropped and can still continue the course. I've been in Dubai since the 14th and just got back so I haven't had the opportunity to take care of this. I had my eye on my email in order to login on day 1 but the email never came.

EDIT 2: I didn't realize I was supposed to use the same credentials that I used to pay. I honestly didn't even remember creating an account when I paid. Either way, I am in Moodle now.
    WGU MSISA