Why don't people post about test fails too?

weakness33weakness33 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I see that many people are posting about their successful exam results but very little from folks who fail them, like I did a few weeks back? Is it because you don't want to be embarrassed or looked down upon by the group?

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Yeah, I'd say most people aren't proud of their failures. We get our fair share of failed posts though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • weakness33weakness33 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could see why they aren't proud. I didn't due to all the people who post about how great their score(s) are but I guess I just don't see the ones talking about a fail. Someone sharing their feelings and resources used (or not for that matter) might be a positive result for others.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've posted all of mine.

Failed Project + x1
    Failed 70-433 x1
    Failed PMP x1
    Failed ITIL ST x1
    To be fair to others, I have only looked in this forum since this is the path I'm taking.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think people talk about successes more then failures. However I see quite a few posts about failing test more then once and looking for advice or encouragement.

I don't have any confidence that I will pass my CCENT next month but I decided to book and and see if I can squeeze enough reading in before exam day to pass.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I have seen quite a few posts about people who failed an exam and posted it. I also understand why some people who fail don't post it.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • CastillianCastillian Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If I fail I'll post it. Just so I can get tips, tricks, and have a discussion involving commisseration. Also talk about what I know I did wrong and help others avoid said mistakes.
  • bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    Man.. it's hard to accept defeat, let alone freely share it. However once you finally overcome the challenge you're more open to talking about it and in some cases help others along because you were once in those shoes.
  • CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    I have seen plenty of "Failed x" threads. So far I have only failed LX0-102 (the 2nd Linux+ exam) and I made a thread about it. Those who replied made me feel much better about my fail and helped to instill some confidence back into me.
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Failing sucks. If you havent failed a cert yet then you will sometime. If you never fail cert send me a resume ;)

Honestly a lot of us do post on failures, and thanks to the great community here, a lot of others chime in on those threads with words of encouragement :)
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    I cannot post about something I have never experienced (yet). Sorry!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266

And heres the first person that should send me professional info ;)
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    And heres the first person that should send me professional info ;)

You can't handle my "professional info" son. icon_wink.gif

I put 150% into study/labbing...I eat, sleep and breath the specific material until it's over with. I dare say only a select few would be willing to do what I do. I admit, I may go overboard but i'm on the road to where I want to be, I will run anyone and anything over that stands in the way.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□

Take a Microsoft test then...I've failed 2 cert tests --

Windows 2000 Professional, Configuration (Passed on my 2nd try)

Windows Server 2008, Network Infrastructure, Configuration (Decided to take Active Directory, Configuration instead as my first exam towards the Server 2008 MCITP/MCSE, which I BARELY passed)

...both Microsoft.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Unfortunately the further you get without failing an exam, the more you feel the pressure going in to take another......

So far I'm 10 for 10.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    weakness33 wrote: »
    I see that many people are posting about their successful exam results but very little from folks who fail them, like I did a few weeks back? Is it because you don't want to be embarrassed or looked down upon by the group?

Generally speaking I would say yes and that is people don't like to talk about their failures. But personally I love failing to an extent of course because then you learn the real value success. I'd personally would prefer people posting up their failures so we can all collaborate and help them get over the hump and clarify any uncertainty.

+1 for failing! I'd probably learned more from failing!
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +1 for failing! I'd probably learned more from failing!

In this business, failures are probably the most important learning tool.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
    *BB* wrote: »
    In this business, failures are probably the most important learning tool.

I totally agree with that.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @ BB absolutely.