Exam Voucher Question

cl0udedth0ughtcl0udedth0ught Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I was just getting ready to schedule my test for security + and it appears that I can schedule the test through the testing centers website for a pretty big discount. The price is only $185. I know alot of people go through getcertified4less for vouchers but this appears to be even cheaper. Just wanted to make sure its legitimate. Here's the link to the testing centers page that is near me.

Pay For Exam Vouchers

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• MrWiltzMrWiltz Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It looks legit, but looks to good to be true! I searched it and it looks like a big time training institute in Maryland. Im curious to know myself!
  • MrWiltzMrWiltz Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wait I just reread it. Yes it is legit, but, only at that testing center in Maryland.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Call the testing center directly instead of using Vue or Prometric's website.

I know mine has a $15 voucher for calling them directly as opposed to using the website.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • new2ITSecuritynew2ITSecurity Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting the link! This training center is near me too!
  • cl0udedth0ughtcl0udedth0ught Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paid for the exam through the website. I'll post again with how it goes once they email me my voucher.
  • new2ITSecuritynew2ITSecurity Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you gotten your voucher? I purchased the voucher on Monday but haven't even received a confirmation from Allsonet.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    I purchased the voucher on Monday but haven't even received a confirmation from Allsonet.
    I'd suggest you give them a call. It could be a simple thing such as a typo in your email preventing them from getting it to you.
    Sorry for the late update. I've been studying so much I haven't had time to get back on here. I got my voucher and have my test scheduled for this weekend. The voucher was a little slow coming out but I was able to do everything online. Wish me luck on the test!
    I passed! I pretty much only used Darril Gibsons book and his app on the google play store. I got a 776 and I thought I had failed it until I got to the end. Had 5 of the performanced based questions and a fair amount of questions that confused me. I am a slow tester though and only had 4 minutes left when i finished the last question. Then the suspense of having to fill out the long survey before I found out if I had passed or not! The suspense was killing me. Darril's book was very helpful but I probably would have gotten something else to supplement it if I could do over. I think some of it was beta questions because they didn't look familiar at all and kinda made you freak out a little bit.
  • SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
  • jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

For anyone outside of Maryland looking for the next best option, use promocode: GTSLRNP114 for 10% off any CompTIA cert at http://www.comptiastore.com. getcertified4less' "early expiration" certs are slightly cheaper, but have to be redeemed by 02/14/14. If you need more time, the promocode stated above is said to expire on 03/31/2014. Good luck!
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. I've been hearing from a lot of people lately that they are seeing questions focused on the new objectives (likely beta questions) but you never know while you're taking the exam. Good luck with your next adventure.
  • ReliableGuy2.0ReliableGuy2.0 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How many questions are on the test.
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    250,000 questions so make sure you study hard
  • greentemplar08greentemplar08 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any tips for the performance based exam?