Options

A question for anyone who has sat for ITIL F (2011)

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
I have read two books regarding the Foundation exam (2011) and I am now making flash cards with all the terms in the "end of chapter" review sections. If I know all of the terms used in ITIL and how they relate to each other/interact with each other should that be good enough to pass the exam?

I grasp the basic ideas as the books presented them and I am now reinforcing them by learning the terms more thoroughly. This seems like the best way to prepare, but I want to make sure before plopping down $225 for the exam in the next week.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    You'll be fine. Having only a basic grasp of the material is all you really need to pass the test. With the amount you've studied, it should be a cakewalk.
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Personally, I felt like I'd over-prepared for the exam when I took it. I read the book, watched the CBT Nuggets videos, did some extra-reading on various websites. The exam, itself, seemed to cover the broader concepts in many cases, and focused much less on specific details. If you feel like you're understanding the material and how it fits together, it sounds like you're probably ready to pull the trigger and sit for the exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    As long as you have the terminology down pat with the ITIL definition you should be right. If a question asks you about a Processes eliminate Functions from the answers and vice versa. Also know the differences between warranty and utility.

Good luck!
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! I am such a cheap bastard the thought of paying for, then failing an exam kills me. This makes me over prepare for them...
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It's a very sensible approach! There are lots of people looking for the cheapest way to get the ITIL Foundation, but a resit isn't cheap! Good luck icon_smile.gif