Options

Lab Guide input

JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
Thinking about picking this one up, I like the hands on approach, any input on this guide?

IP Telephony Using CallManager Express Lab Portfolio: Cheryl A. Schmidt, Ernie Friend: 9781587131769: Amazon.com: Books
2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.

Comments

• Options
    bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    I've never seen this book referenced by anyone but it could be a valuable resource, dated from 2007 though so you may be missing out on some newer technologies.

You could try going through the CVOICE course with INE. Mark Snow goes through the VoIP fundamentals and then sets up the entire voice topology using CME, you could rent rack space or follow along using a similar setup if you have the equip. If I recall it was about 26 hours of videos, good stuff.
  • Options
    bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    Also this booked popped up as a 'combo purchase' may be worth looking into.

CCNA Voice Lab Manual: Brent Sieling: 9781587132995: Amazon.com: Books
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    bobfromfpl wrote: »
    I've never seen this book referenced by anyone but it could be a valuable resource, dated from 2007 though so you may be missing out on some newer technologies.

You could try going through the CVOICE course with INE. Mark Snow goes through the VoIP fundamentals and then sets up the entire voice topology using CME, you could rent rack space or follow along using a similar setup if you have the equip. If I recall it was about 26 hours of videos, good stuff.

I just configured CME 4 with two 7960s using 2811 / 3550 combo and got the calls working, I am new to voice though and want to learn not just the new tech but also from CME and up. I ordered that older CME lab guide, and will get the CCNA Voice lab guide sometime after.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look for CVOICE course!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.