Employer verification for certification

acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,*

I am enquiring if anyone has the past experience, they just change job less than a year and require someone from their ex-company to verify their experience but not able to get hold their ex-supervisor, because he has also left the company?*

For example, the CISA certification require at least 2 years experience in IS audit, control, assurance or security experience but the person just join the new company less than a year.*There’s employer verification, if the candidate actually put in the latest, the job experience will only be 1 year. However, if he intends to put in ex company employer verification, he can’t locate his supervisor or anybodies related from his ex company, coz most of them have actually left.

Thanks

Comments

• wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you tried LinkedIn?
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wikiget wrote: »
    Have you tried LinkedIn?

Thanks for your suggestion hence the other party dun use linkedin.
  • wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    acidstorm wrote: »
    Thanks for your suggestion hence the other party dun use linkedin.

And there is no one left at the business that can validate your experience?

I think you can get validated by ISACA certified people that worked with you or clients in some conditions. It might be prudent to contact ISACA and see if they have alternate suggestions that can be used to validate your experience. That way you can ensure your paperwork will be processed and you won't lose your $50 processing fee.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wikiget wrote: »
    And there is no one left at the business that can validate your experience?

I think you can get validated by ISACA certified people that worked with you or clients in some conditions. It might be prudent to contact ISACA and see if they have alternate suggestions that can be used to validate your experience. That way you can ensure your paperwork will be processed and you won't lose your $50 processing fee.

Indeed, all have left the companies. Really appreciate it, will check with Isaca and see what are their suggestion.
  • @tnnadi@tnnadi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi acidstorm,

Please how did you finally resolve the issue i.e. Employer verification for certification