Options

CISA Certification Application?

j33perj33per Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Looking for some input regarding the Application for CISA certification....

Specifically, the verification of work experience page V2 - Is there a weight of specific tasks one has completed ?

Or is it possible to become certified without covering all listed tasks again page V2 ?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Options
    j33perj33per Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I called the certification number... It is NOT a requirement to have all tasks.

So it is possible to cert w/o all boxes checked...
  • Options
    wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The following is from the cism, but probably applies to cisa too (replace 3 years with 2):

15. Regarding the three (3) years of required information security management experience needed for certification, must I have 3 years of experience in each of three or more areas, or can I have one year in each of three different areas?

The minimum acceptable time is 1 year of experience in each of at least 3 of the 5 areas (and an additional two years general information security experience or a combination of time and qualifying educational or certification substitutions that are listed on the CISM Application).

So, that tells me that they would rather have you do some checks in most of the areas vs. lots of checks in some areas.

Hopefully that helps.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • Options
    SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Regarding to CISA application page V-1 ,in case that verifier left the company and change work field , Should the verifier write his current job title /Address, or previous job title & address that related to duration of the applicant work experience
  • Options
    wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The contact information is to contact the person, so I would guess that needs to be current. I'm not sure about the title though. Maybe put the current title and a previous title in parenthesis.

Window Washer (previously Chief Information Officer for Boring Inc.)
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • Options
    wikiget wrote: »
    The contact information is to contact the person, so I would guess that needs to be current. I'm not sure about the title though. Maybe put the current title and a previous title in parenthesis.

Window Washer (previously Chief Information Officer for Boring Inc.)

Thank you , I sent the case to ISACA and waiting their response.
  • Options
    I found this comment in one thread " You do need someone to verify your work history and domain experience. A direct supervisor at work is ideal for this."
    Is it correct ? that is mean that my current manager can verify all my work experience which is much easier and fast to complete the application,

If somebody else can confirm it will be better as ISACA did not reply to me so far.
  • Options
    RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whoever verifies the work experience, must indicate that they are qualified to verify that specific work experience. It's all up to the verifier on what they are comfortable attesting to.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.