Secure down, ccnp security complete!!

Heracles004Heracles004 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
SECURE down and now officially a CCNP Security!! Ok so heres my deal. I was going to wait longer and spend more time studying but after talking with a friend I decided to give it a shot. I spent some of this weekend going through the INE videos and felt that I had a really good grasp on everything. I asked a friend what he thought of the SECURE exam and he asked me 4 things: walk him through a zone based policy firewall setup, explain DMVPNs, NAT and certificates. I answered as best I could and he told me that I just covered 70% of the exam successfully. I figured what the heck and gave it a shot. WIN!!

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Wow. That's pretty awesome. You've got a super human pace! You got your CCNP R&S, CCDP, and CCNP: Security all since the beginning of December, right?
    What's your secret? Lots of experience? Tons of study time? I want some of that!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Heracles004Heracles004 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been working in the field for a while but since November my job has been to lab and study, 10 glorious hours a day 5 days a week. Work said they will pay for the exams, I intend to take full advantage of it.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Nice. CCIE next?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Crazy man, your list of credentials is impressive. You'll be set!
    Eventually yes, but I am going to get all of the recommended reading done before I bother even putting it out there. I am fairly certain I can get the written payed for but my clock starts counting down as soon as I take it. I would like to see V5 fully before I commit. Also I don't finish this training until June, and I still don't know where the Army is sending me when I am done.
    What kind of program or situation did you land in where they are letting you study for all these certifications and pay for them? I'm jealous, wish I had that when I was active duty!
    Warrant Officer program, the course itself is designed to train to a ccna, ccna security, ccna voice, mcsa and cissp level as well as a lot of other random classes. But I came here with all of the certs already and showed the proficiency needed so they let me study for other things and use the facilities for labbing and such. Doesn't hurt that I have a great lab in the kitchen too. Really cant complain on that portion. The next thing I'm cleared hot on is the GSEC so ill be starting that.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    Awesome job!!!
    Very impressive, if and when you separate you should be a shoe-in for a great paying contractor or private industry job
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Wow, 3 CCNP certifications since December?
    zxbane wrote: »
    Very impressive, if and when you separate you should be a shoe-in for a great paying contractor or private industry job

Until they do a technical interview. Hey Hercle or whatever, I see now your "progress" and it makes sense now..shoot me over the link in a private message the **** you used, I could use a few more CCNP's myself, I mean I want to be cool too you know.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
    Honestly I am cool with whatever you want to believe route. Just because you didn't do it doesn't mean I cant. I have been working on government networks for almost 10 years and for the last 4 months I have been on a lab 10 hours a day through a tailored program. I maintain and use an INE account that I sit for sometimes 15-20 hours on the weekend. I should have tested and had a CCNP a long time ago but I really had no reason to have anything above a CCNA until I get out of the military(they will pay me the same). The only reason I have tested so much recently is because for once my employer said they would pay for it. Just an FYI, I had to interview to get into the program I am currently in and here shortly I will interview for a new position as part of the DOD's cyber protection team. I have no worries, I would appreciate it if the reputation ding would be removed.
  • subsooner711subsooner711 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow, 3 CCNP certifications since December?

Until they do a technical interview. Hey Hercle or whatever, I see now your "progress" and it makes sense now..shoot me over the link in a private message the **** you used, I could use a few more CCNP's myself, I mean I want to be cool too you know.

Insecure much?
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Look at it this way, if you are legit you will do well and I am just a loud mouth who is "jelly"...3 CCNP's in a month insults my intelligence but whatever...if you are what I think you are (paper tiger) then a good technical interview is exactly what keeps cert warriors at bay.

Oh, and thank god for the CCIE lab. You should be ready for it, after all 10yrs of securing government networks and it should be no problem.

You come back here with a valid CCIE and i'll eat crow but I dare say you won't, after all no **** available for the lab.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
    Its all good man, you can say what you like(I fight for that right). Just as an FYI I took my first exam in November, the tests were spread out over almost 3 months. 3 months doesn't sound nearly as impressive(or threatening). People do these whole certs in a week with a bootcamp. I'm really not sure what your so butt hurt about. If it makes you feel better I have a CISSP, no **** there.... and ill have a GSEC soon too, I don't think there is any **** there either. As much as I would love to get my CCIE, that is something that will have to wait. Uncle Sam pays for my certifications and I haven't seen him pay for one of those yet.
  • GreenHornetGreenHornet Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    @routemypacket

There are **** for the CCIE lab. I know many who have used them, and they have been offered to me as I was prepping for the voice lab. Now onto the OP. I can't say weather you used **** or not, but they are rampant in the military and they go by different names depending on where you get your information from, but if you put in the time like you say you did then you don't have to answer to anybody online. I think the concern is that you are pretty new around here and we have seen people come and go. They show up with no certs, over the next few months they obtain quite a few while others have been putting in months and not getting anywhere. Some people are just smarter than others, and you may be one, but experience on this board has shown us they are far and few in-between.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Understandable, I can see where your coming from. However I don't really plan on going anywhere. I will give the cisco pages a break though as I am off to GSEC. I will still scan the pages here to help where I can.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! I plan on joining you in 1-2 months.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Congrats and all the best toward CCIE.
    Thanks to all for the support.
  • CCNPforSureCCNPforSure Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!