Options

Route Blue Print / Weights

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
I wanted to get everybody's opinion that has taken route and can verify if these weights seem correct / if this a accurate reference to go by. To me it seems rather accurate having taken route with an unfortunate fail but I am ramping of for my next attempt here soon.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6565

One reason I believe it is accurate to the test is for one I don't remember a lot of Branch Office / Teleworker stuff being covered in the books aside from the Simplified Series which does tend to go beyond route. Yet BGP topics being only 5% seems low considering how much BGP is covered in the books.

Opinions on this?
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    no idea but would also be very interested as mine will but coming up soon to :)

Sorry to hear about the fail, but sure you will ace it on the next attempt. Out of interested did you do any mock tests like Transender and Boson, and if so how where you doing on them compared to the real one? I am kind of scrapping passes, (although if I read the questions and ticked the right amount of boxes I would do better!)

I keep seeing silly veritification questions in them all. Like when creating a veritification plan for OSPF along with the following...
    check neighbours have formed
    check routes are in routing table
    you should also have [chose one]

A. check router ID are correct
    B. check ping between routers works
    C. ..
    D. ...

and it will be some thing like check ping between routers is working...

but my logic is, if neighbors have formed how can ping not be working?? isn't that part of the neighbor verification step?

I hate these kinds of questions as to me verification and trouble shooting is a high level thing, if you need to put ping all routers in a verification plan then I worry about the skills of the engineer you are writing the plan for.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    but my logic is, if neighbors have formed how can ping not be working?? isn't that part of the neighbor verification step?.

An adjacency doesn't necessarily mean routing is working to the networks properly (or the scenario presented), hence the pings to verify. ICMP is the quickest way to verify connectivity.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No it was ping to the neighbor routers, not to check end to end connectivity. The carry out PING to test reach ability to the remote networks was already part of the plan.

you cant form a neighbor relationship if the neighbor cant reach it.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    I found the weights fairly accurate for my route exam. The thing is, just because there are few questions on a topic doesn't mean that they can't draw from a large pool.
    Yet BGP topics being only 5% seems low considering how much BGP is covered in the books.

Well, 5% means only like 2-3 questions on BGP, but they can still create questions based on a large amount of material. However, knowing the weights makes it feasible to more or less skip BGP in your preparations and still pass the exam. A similar thing on the switch exam is that Wireless AND QoS are only weighted at 5% combined. Yet, those topics are covered in large individual chapters (at least in Switch Simplified).
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fredrikjj wrote: »
    I found the weights fairly accurate for my route exam. The thing is, just because there are few questions on a topic doesn't mean that they can't draw from a large pool.

Well, 5% means only like 2-3 questions on BGP, but they can still create questions based on a large amount of material. However, knowing the weights makes it feasible to more or less skip BGP in your preparations and still pass the exam. A similar thing on the switch exam is that Wireless AND QoS are only weighted at 5% combined. Yet, those topics are covered in large individual chapters (at least in Switch Simplified).

Kind of my thoughts too. I really enjoy BGP and understand it a lot from my job so I made sure to study up on it on a larger extent than what was probably needed. My feelings are more or less tailored to not spend so much time with Branch Office Connectivity Scenarios. I feel the percentages given in this chart truly do reflect the level of EIGRP / OSPF involved on the test and that makes up for near 50%
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi