Setting up my lab.....

pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
Done a fair bit of study but now want to get hands on and have some time.

So I have one i5 machine with plenty of storage, it's Win 7 so if I want to use Hyper V do I need to upgrade to Win 8 ?

I think the answer is yes, I know I could use Vmware but I want to be as familiar with Hyper V console as possible for the exams.

Thanks.

Comments

• unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A good option for setting up the lab is detailed here:

TechNet Blogs

Basically, it just walks you through dual booting your PC, but it is very helpful feature that allows you to run the VMs you set up through Hyper V.
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    unfbilly11 wrote: »
    A good option for setting up the lab is detailed here:

TechNet Blogs

Basically, it just walks you through dual booting your PC, but it is very helpful feature that allows you to run the VMs you set up through Hyper V.
    Thanks

I'll take a look though I think I'll just be done with it and upgrade my win 7 PC rather than use up more disk space with a dual boot setup.
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you upgrade to 8 you will just need to enable Hyper-V. It is installed but not enabled by default.
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MSSoftie wrote: »
    If you upgrade to 8 you will just need to enable Hyper-V. It is installed but not enabled by default.
    Yeah, though I'm happy with Win 7 it looks like MS have got me again with another upgrade !