Asking for opinions on my potential voice lab

Asking for opinions on my potential voice lab.
I have a Cisco 891 as a DHCP router and a couple of switches for VTP.

I have a router that caught my eye as Cisco C2901-CME-SRST/K9 2901 on http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-C2901-CME-SRST-K9-Bundle-Router/dp/B002ZOE3MA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1392406791&sr=8-6&keywords=cisco+cme+router

Also, for voice phones, Cisco SPA 303 Amazon.com : Cisco SPA 303 3-Line IP Phone : Electronics

Thanks.

Comments

• ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Is there any particular reason you're looking at a $2300 router? Or is that just an example of the model?
  • sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    ande0255 wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason you're looking at a $2300 router? Or is that just an example of the model?

Right.. would you recommend anything else?

Thanks.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    The 2600 and 2800 series both support my labbing for the CCNA Voice, if your going at the CCNP level it may require a higher end model, but I would think a 2800 series would cover most areas.

I'd look on ebay as well, I think I saw sealed brand new 2901's for $700-800.
    Also, if I want to have IP phone ready to go, do I need to subscribe to a service like Call manager?

Thanks.
  • draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What you should do before building a lab is learn the basics first. What is this eqipment and why is it important. Read the book and watch a series. You don't subscribe to call manager and normally, it's on by default.
    draught wrote: »
    What you should do before building a lab is learn the basics first. What is this eqipment and why is it important. Read the book and watch a series. You don't subscribe to call manager and normally, it's on by default.

Roger! I ordered OCG for CCNA-Voice. I'll watch the live lessons before doing anything.
  • draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I understand your desire very well too. When I started to first study for voice I had to have a lab and everything right then. I spent way too much money (about 700) and until just the last month I did not properly understand the equipment or what it really does/how it works. If I could go back I'd do what you are doing now hence the advice.