CCNP done!

kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
Aced the CCNP TSHOOT. I am done! I do believe if I am needed I will be on the CCIE forum :)

Comments

• TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    Congrats, Kohr-ah! I also passed my Tshoot exam today. Feels good to finally be done with that beast, doesn't it?

I may be joining you on the IE forum here pretty soon. I'm debating whether or not I should start studying for it despite the change to version 5.

Good luck!
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I figure I'd look up the differences and still start on the written then re go over the changed sections :)

Also congrats! Yes feels amazing.TSHOOT was actually really fun to do.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Congrats to both you gentlemen, you two must be on top of the world today :D
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! On to the next one!
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Congrats, guys, on the fruits of your hard work and determination!!! Time for you both to celebrateicon_cheers.gif
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats guys.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Awesome! You've been pretty amazing lately! New job, shiny new CCNP. Keep kicking butt and taking names!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • union122union122 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MinaryMinary Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz! Will you be pursuing R&S CCIE track?
    ##edit - update

I would love to get my CCIE. It is a major life goal for me but at the current time there is no way I could pass the lab without getting a more hands on job first.

Being said I think I am going to go for my CCDA then CCDP. I am going to see if I can find a more hands in job then I should be able to start the IE after the v5 changes in June and dedicate my time to it then. Hopefully by that time I will have a more stable hands on job that will help my IE time easier to pursue :)
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Congrats on on the pass!!
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Sounds like a wise decision, Kohr-ah.

I'm working on my CCDP as well. The CCDA was cake and bored me at times with how high-level it was but the CCDP material is pretty awesome and in-depth without getting too far into the weeds on how to configure the concepts.

I would recommend the following for the CCDP:
    -INE ARCH Videos (Don't rely on this alone though!)
    -CCDP OCG

Do *not* go for the CCDP or CCDA Simplified books. They're written by a different author than the CCNP Simplified series and they lack a lot of detail. I was really disappointed after I took the CCDA test and barely squeaked by. If I wasn't studying data center concepts on my own, I would have failed horribly. It was probably the closest I've ever gotten to failing an exam in the last couple of years.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Sounds like a wise decision, Kohr-ah.

I'm working on my CCDP as well. The CCDA was cake and bored me at times with how high-level it was but the CCDP material is pretty awesome and in-depth without getting too far into the weeds on how to configure the concepts.

I would recommend the following for the CCDP:
    -INE ARCH Videos (Don't rely on this alone though!)
    -CCDP OCG

Do *not* go for the CCDP or CCDA Simplified books. They're written by a different author than the CCNP Simplified series and they lack a lot of detail. I was really disappointed after I took the CCDA test and barely squeaked by. If I wasn't studying data center concepts on my own, I would have failed horribly. It was probably the closest I've ever gotten to failing an exam in the last couple of years.

Thanks for the heads up!

I have the ocg books now. INE I will do after the CCDP book :) have a lot of train time so that'll make it go by faster.

Data Center I'd love to do as ultimately that is my goal but I think you need a NetApp for the data center NP don't you?
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Some Data Center specialization certs require the VCP I believe because they run in virtualized environments, but I'm sure any sort of mainstream virtualization would compliment a design certification tremendously.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats @kohr-ah icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on all your hard work and achieving your CCNP!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog