My 70-410 Results

GLaD0S11GLaD0S11 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the 70-410 today and failed with a 668/1000. Only a few questions off and, honestly, there was stuff on there that I should've known. I remebered reading it but couldn't remember back to exactly what they were asking for. Oh well, I think with a few corrections I'll pass. Highest areas were Installing and Configuring and Roles and Features. Lowest areas were Group Policy and Hyper V. I knew I didn't do great on Hyper V but was a bit surprised by Group Policy because that is an area I feel like I know well. Not sure what I missed there...obviously mostly everything because I was below 50%.

Overall, I thought this exam was much, much, much easier than the 70-640. Since I had so much trouble with the 640, I'm hoping that I wasn't just lucky and the 2nd attempt will be significantly harder questions from the test bank.

To help out anyone who might take this in the future: I had 0 questions pertaining to 2012 R2 content. They referenced 2012 R2 but it looked to be more of a "Find and Replace" of 2012. If you are debating on waiting until more R2 references come out, I don't think there's any need. I had a ton of drag an drop and Yes/No. I'd bet 30-40% of my test was drag and drop or Yes/No. Not too much powershell and only a few IPv6 questions so I'm expecting to get hammered on that next time. A lot of group policy and Hyper V though. I used CBT Nuggets (which I think were good), Pluralsight (410 videos were useless but the 411 videos definitely helped), and read the MS Press book and minor Technet.

Comments

• pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think I had any R2 specific questions today either.

I didn't have many drag and drop questions, only a couple of IPv6 and not too many powershell.

I had one question regarding CHAP which I really wasn't expecting, in fact I'm sure I was studying that when I was preparing for my NT4 MCP's !!!

I just hope I can pass this test in a couple of weeks as I really want to get these exams done ASAP.
  • jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is what I don't like. You have 10 multiple choice (guess) questions, worth 10 points. But if there is one drag and drop with 5 options, is that worth 5 points? Do you get partial credit? What if you got A wrong but got the others right?
    jso wrote: »
    This is what I don't like. You have 10 multiple choice (guess) questions, worth 10 points. But if there is one drag and drop with 5 options, is that worth 5 points? Do you get partial credit? What if you got A wrong but got the others right?
    Yeah I agree, the annoying thing about these exams is you don't really have any idea how many questions you might've got right or wrong due to the way the scoring is done.

Some of the questions said there were points for each correct answer, I think the thing is to not worry about the scoring and just accept you got a pass or fail score.
  • GLaD0S11GLaD0S11 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think you are right PJD; the trick is to just take it as a pass/fail type thing and not concern yourself with the points. I am fairly positive that you do get partial credit because they say each correct answer is worth a point. At the end of the exams, the tally up all of the points and compare it to what you needed to pass. If you start to miss a few of those then I can definitely see your score going down pretty quick. It stinks because, like I said, I thought the Group Policy questions were fairly easy and that was my worst section on the exam. I only know of 1 question in that area that I missed for sure. Oh well, I'll get it next time.

Good luck on your next attempt! You are almost there.
  • ayubjonayubjon Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took 70-410 on 14 Feb, 2014. A lot of drag and drop, yes/no questions. A lot of PowerShell questions as well. I got 682.

Two problems that I never faced before with Microsoft exams.
    1. Exam score is still not listed in MCP page. Contacted MCH help, will see what they say.
    2. During the exam, there was a question that said I need to choose two answer choices, but I cannot choose more than one as the answer choices were not multiple choice. And I knew the correct answer. I've contacted Prometric twice, left comments on that question right after the exam. Nothing is done by Prometric.

Anyway, will try again in few days.
  • GLaDOS11GLaDOS11 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just an update to this. I took the exam again today and passed with a 798. Still no R2 material besides changing the names from 2012 to 2012 R2.

After I failed the first time I immediately went out and sat in my car and wrote down everything I wasn't 100% sure of on the test. I am glad I did because I saw a lot of very similar questions the second time around.

Huge thanks to everyone on here and especially to Asif Dasl for his great thread on Technet and other resources.

On to 70-411!!
    GLaDOS11 wrote: »
    Just an update to this. I took the exam again today and passed with a 798. Still no R2 material besides changing the names from 2012 to 2012 R2.

After I failed the first time I immediately went out and sat in my car and wrote down everything I wasn't 100% sure of on the test. I am glad I did because I saw a lot of very similar questions the second time around.

Huge thanks to everyone on here and especially to Asif Dasl for his great thread on Technet and other resources.

On to 70-411!!
    Congrats.

Would you say they targeted you're weaker areas in the second exam and was it a similar style ie. drag and drop with yes/no questions ?

I also did a braindump when I left the exam room and will be ensuring I go into the 2nd shot having covered those areas.

I've just finished reading the training guide book and after doing some labbing I'm hoping to do the 2nd shot in the next couple of weeks so it'll be handy if they haven't added too much R2 topics though I'm going to cover it.
  • maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    GLaDOS11 wrote: »

On to 70-411!!

Congrats
  • GLaDOS11GLaDOS11 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, the questions were of the same style. A lot of Yes/no and drag and drop.I definitely targeted my weakest areas.

Actually it's kinda funny because my 2 lowest areas from the first exam, Hyper V and Group Policy, were both nearly perfect. My 2 strongest areas from last exam, installing and configuring and Roles and Features, actually dropped a little bit. Probably because I didn't study them too much.

Good luck on your retake!
  • PleharPlehar Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□