Pearson Vue indicated Status: FAIL. Its True?

marlam18marlam18 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello to all from Argentina .

First of all , I apologize for my English .

In today's performance the CISSP exam.

For printer problems that sent the results from Pearson Vue, I did not know the outcome instantly.

When I left the exam, i wen home and enter at PearsonVue.com and enter the option " Exam Appointment History " indicated Status: FAIL .

I am so sad ..... but I confirmed that next Monday I will get the official email indicating the result of Pearson . It may be that there is some problem on the page or actually that's the official result and email on Monday stating that I did not pass ?

Someone will happen?

I feel terribleme .icon_cry.gif

Spend lots of time to study , use Shon Harris, Eric Conrad, ccccure and the official ISC2 book . They were three months studying 2 hours a week and full weekends and after 17 days of intense study (12 hours per day , and to take labor holidays). Of all the questions 5 which did not really know was referring to were . The rest of the questions, had no idea and responded according to what I had studied .

Greetings from Argentina

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Hi. I have failed one Pearson Vue exam and passed 5 others. Unfortunately, the status is very accurate as far as exam performance. If the exam history says you've failed, that's probably the case based on my experience.

However make sure you follow up with Pearson and ISC^2 to make sure you get a copy of your score report! It has vital information regarding your weakest domains.
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    marlam18 wrote: »
    Hello to all from Argentina .

First of all , I apologize for my English .

In today's performance the CISSP exam.

For printer problems that sent the results from Pearson Vue, I did not know the outcome instantly.

When I left the exam, i wen home and enter at PearsonVue.com and enter the option " Exam Appointment History " indicated Status: FAIL .

I am so sad ..... but I confirmed that next Monday I will get the official email indicating the result of Pearson . It may be that there is some problem on the page or actually that's the official result and email on Monday stating that I did not pass ?

Someone will happen?

I feel terribleme .icon_cry.gif

Spend lots of time to study , use Shon Harris, Eric Conrad, ccccure and the official ISC2 book . They were three months studying 2 hours a week and full weekends and after 17 days of intense study (12 hours per day , and to take labor holidays). Of all the questions 5 which did not really know was referring to were . The rest of the questions, had no idea and responded according to what I had studied .

Greetings from Argentina

I don't understand. You read Shon Harris AIO, Eric Conrad, Official Guide to CISSP and CCCure, yet you didn't pass?. By looking at your comments, I think you couldn't figure out most of the questions on the test. If that's true, I believe you got something seriously wrong. You weren't thinking like a manager. That's the only thing I can think of. What sort of questions did you see in the test?. Share some info and maybe, people here can judge. Sorry for your FAIL.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • sojournsojourn Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What language did you sit the exam in?
  • bsr007bsr007 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the test yesterday and failed as well. All the prep I did was basically useless. I used cccure, transcender, shon harris book and test questions.

I was lucky if I saw 10% of what I studied for and learned on exam cram tests on 3/22/14 test. The game has changed with ISC2. I am going to try and get my money back.
    bsr007 wrote: »
    I took the test yesterday and failed as well. All the prep I did was basically useless. I used cccure, transcender, shon harris book and test questions.

I was lucky if I saw 10% of what I studied for and learned on exam cram tests on 3/22/14 test. The game has changed with ISC2. I am going to try and get my money back.

Can you elaborate on "The game has changed for ISC2"?. You said you read Shon Harris and yet, could only figure out 10% of the total questions?. How bad was it?. What was the exam focusing on?
  • vasyvasyvasyvasy Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe he is basically saying that "the game has changed" when introducing some new question formats, in early 2014
    Then again, when the word "cram test" comes into the sentence, all the reputation is lost

All the concepts are in the official (ISC)2 book... although I haven't touched that for the study.
    If you read (really read!) the AIO 6th Ed, Eric Conrad 2nd Ed and prepare with TotalTester and cccure.org test banks... you are good to go and are almost guaranteed a pass

In my experience, having passed the test this February, there were 10% of the questions that I wasn't prepared for
    vasyvasy wrote: »
    I believe he is basically saying that "the game has changed" when introducing some new question formats, in early 2014
    Then again, when the word "cram test" comes into the sentence, all the reputation is lost

All the concepts are in the official (ISC)2 book... although I haven't touched that for the study.
    If you read (really read!) the AIO 6th Ed, Eric Conrad 2nd Ed and prepare with TotalTester and cccure.org test banks... you are good to go and are almost guaranteed a pass

In my experience, having passed the test this February, there were 10% of the questions that I wasn't prepared for

Mentioned below is the plan I am following:
    - Reading "Official Guide to CISSP CBK 3rd" as the primary resource
    - Reading "Eric Conrad CISSP 2nd" as the secondary resource
    - Going through "Shon Harris AIO 6th" for technically difficult topics
    - Practicing CCCUre questions and getting 70%-80% marks on domains I studied
    - Going through the McGrawHill practice questions and scoring good on them too

Now, what is the possibility of me failing, when I have 2-3 years of general security experience with little knowledge about Crypto, Software Security and Telecom?.
    A recurring theme is how heavy the exam is on Telco/Networks. I am a senior network engineer so find the networking stuff very simple - I already know most of it, or I learnt it many moons ago and I'm refreshing it. I think for someone with no previous networking experience, it is a challenge to learn because it covers a very broad range of topics - some of it relevant, some of it completely irrelevant.
  • marlam18marlam18 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sojourn wrote: »
    A recurring theme is how heavy the exam is on Telco/Networks. I am a senior network engineer so find the networking stuff very simple - I already know most of it, or I learnt it many moons ago and I'm refreshing it. I think for someone with no previous networking experience, it is a challenge to learn because it covers a very broad range of topics - some of it relevant, some of it completely irrelevant.

Totally agree , there were several questions on telecommunications and networking.
    I don't understand. You read Shon Harris AIO, Eric Conrad, Official Guide to CISSP and CCCure, yet you didn't pass?. By looking at your comments, I think you couldn't figure out most of the questions on the test. If that's true, I believe you got something seriously wrong. You weren't thinking like a manager. That's the only thing I can think of. What sort of questions did you see in the test?. Share some info and maybe, people here can judge. Sorry for your FAIL.

To end on this day I get the mail from Pearson Vue where indicated :

We are sorry , however it , to inform you That you did not Achieve to
    passing scaled score of 700. Your scaled score was 664.

• SECURITY SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
    • BUSINESS CONTINUITY & DISASTER RECOVERY PLANNING
    • SECURITY OPERATIONS
    • TELECOMMUNICATIONS & NETWORK SECURITY
    • CRYPTOGRAPHY
    • ACCESS CONTROL
    • LEGAL , REGULATIONS , AND COMPLIANCE INVESTIGATIONS
    • PHYSICAL ( ENVIRONMENTAL ) SECURITY
    • INFORMATION SECURITY GOVERNANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
    • SECURITY ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN

Were 36 points they missed me , it is very frustrating not to see it fail.

I'll try again.

Study 3 different sources: ISC2 CBK , Shon Harris, Eric Conrad and AIO Test and cccure.org .

The output of rendering , I felt that there was not approved because the questions seemed from another planet , many aimed at BCP and security software development .

Invested much time in Common Criteria , ITSEC and other things that did not take . 95% of the questions put you in a situation and you have to give the best answer to solve the problem .

I chose to take the exam in English .
    sojourn wrote: »
    What language did you sit the exam in?

In English
  • supergsuperg Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    However make sure you follow up with Pearson and ISC^2 to make sure you get a copy of your score report! It has vital information regarding your weakest domains.

You received a score report for the CISSP? I just passed it on 3/29 and only received a print out indicating that I passed and must complete the credentialing process, etc. No score or breakdown of potential problem areas, etc.
  • 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    superg wrote: »
    You received a score report for the CISSP? I just passed it on 3/29 and only received a print out indicating that I passed and must complete the credentialing process, etc. No score or breakdown of potential problem areas, etc.

That's how it goes; if you pass, you only get a note that you passed. No score, no domain breakdown, etc. I think it's a little odd personally, but that's how ISC2 operates.
    marlam18 wrote: »
    To end on this day I get the mail from Pearson Vue where indicated :

We are sorry , however it , to inform you That you did not Achieve to
    passing scaled score of 700. Your scaled score was 664.

• SECURITY SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
    • BUSINESS CONTINUITY & DISASTER RECOVERY PLANNING
    • SECURITY OPERATIONS
    • TELECOMMUNICATIONS & NETWORK SECURITY
    • CRYPTOGRAPHY
    • ACCESS CONTROL
    • LEGAL , REGULATIONS , AND COMPLIANCE INVESTIGATIONS
    • PHYSICAL ( ENVIRONMENTAL ) SECURITY
    • INFORMATION SECURITY GOVERNANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
    • SECURITY ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN

Were 36 points they missed me , it is very frustrating not to see it fail.

I'll try again.

Study 3 different sources: ISC2 CBK , Shon Harris, Eric Conrad and AIO Test and cccure.org .

The output of rendering , I felt that there was not approved because the questions seemed from another planet , many aimed at BCP and security software development .

Invested much time in Common Criteria , ITSEC and other things that did not take . 95% of the questions put you in a situation and you have to give the best answer to solve the problem .

I chose to take the exam in English .

I read your review of the CISSP test. You said:

"Invested much time in Common Criteria , ITSEC and other things that did not take . 95% of the questions put you in a situation and you have to give the best answer to solve the problem ."

Do you mean, you didn't see any questions from the Common Criteria, ITSEC?. Also, tell me if the questions were technical. How many questions did you see on "Cloud Computing". Were the questions for cloud too hard to answer?.
    I am sure if you are comfortable with the idea of Cloud Computing, it should be straight-forward. It's not overly complex as an idea.

Here is an ISC2 document on Cloud Computing.

https://www.isc2.org/uploadedFiles/%28ISC%292_Public_Content/Certification_Programs/CSSLP/Cloud%20computing%20security%20concerns.pdf

Re Common Critera / ITSEC - other people have said they did not see many Orange Book questions. I personally am not bothering to learn anything other than the 1-page Orange Book summary.
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My $0.02

I no nothing I'll admit that. CISSP to me though is about understanding concepts not memorizing test questions from books and practice test. I think that's the reason why people fail. They study exam questions and the exam structure vs actually knowing the concepts in and out. You should be able to pass if you understand all the domains. Try focusing on mastering the domains vs trying to master taking test questions.

Look at Meat's post " I went through every question and I felt somethings were not in any book, practice test, or study material I looked over." -- The reality is that's the point of the CISSP test. The ability to pass is a combination of experience and knowledge.
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    diggitle wrote: »
    My $0.02

I no nothing I'll admit that. CISSP to me though is about understanding concepts not memorizing test questions from books and practice test. I think that's the reason why people fail. They study exam questions and the exam structure vs actually knowing the concepts in and out. You should be able to pass if you understand all the domains. Try focusing on mastering the domains vs trying to master taking test questions.

Look at Meat's post " I went through every question and I felt somethings were not in any book, practice test, or study material I looked over." -- The reality is that's the point of the CISSP test. The ability to pass is a combination of experience and knowledge.

Add common sense to the combination of experience and knowledge. Not all of the answers are crystal clear. You have to be able to make educated decisions (and in this case, choose the best answer) based on these three things.
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Jonnyg wrote: »
    Add common sense to the combination of experience and knowledge. Not all of the answers are crystal clear. You have to be able to make educated decisions (and in this case, choose the best answer) based on these three things.

Oh but if you don't understand the question or have any experience with the material at hand - must mean its a "management" exam, right? Its not its measuring your ability to solve problem sets without being told what or how to do it in the first place. Knowledge and experience exams are designed to test those two metrics not the ROI or success of a particular business metric.

- B Eads
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Mentioned below is the plan I am following:
    - Reading "Official Guide to CISSP CBK 3rd" as the primary resource
    - Reading "Eric Conrad CISSP 2nd" as the secondary resource
    - Going through "Shon Harris AIO 6th" for technically difficult topics
    - Practicing CCCUre questions and getting 70%-80% marks on domains I studied
    - Going through the McGrawHill practice questions and scoring good on them too

Now, what is the possibility of me failing, when I have 2-3 years of general security experience with little knowledge about Crypto, Software Security and Telecom?.

You would have a good chance of passing if you can understand the question and getting it correct on the first choice. There is many challengers out there who simply think they can passed the exam when they took question banks and expecting the see the same type of question in the actual exam. Some of the forum members here who failed a kind naive who think that taking question bank will allow them to pass the exam. As mention by someone somewhere else, there is a difference in understanding the question and getting them correct to reach 80% score and answering the question correct just because the person had did too many times and instantly know the answer to the question.

If someone took this question banks repeatedly and thinks the question would be largely the same in CISSP, this is downright wrong. We are talking about an exam which requires the candidate understand every question and applying the appropriate answer to the question, these questions reocurr in a good portion of the exam. True that memorizing some key points is needed to grab as many easy question score in various part of the exam, but ultimately, a candidate understanding and ability to think weighs the most portion of the exam. If you really want to gauge yourself, you can always attempt the GISP practise test semi open book see how well you fare before going for CISSP.