Administrator?

teresa1517teresa1517 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am the only one that uses my computer but when I go to the command prompt it doesn't say "Administrator Command Prompt".

What can I do to change it?

Why wouldn't I be the Admin on my own computer?

Comments

• awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The system does not elevate privileges unless you ask it to. You are 'allowed' to run the admin command prompt, but that is not the default. What version of Windows are you using? In Win 7, typing cmd in the 'Run' box and hittin Ctrl-Shift-Enter will launch an admin prompt. You can also right click and 'run as admin' on the cmd.exe (in windows\system\system32).
  • teresa1517teresa1517 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the input!
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    In Windows 7 which is what I am assuming you are using, pin cmd to your start menu and then right click on it. Click on the Advanced button and then check the box that says Run as administrator. Once you do that you can also drag it to the taskbar and launch an admin cmd from there as well.
  • teresa1517teresa1517 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very Good kriscamaro68. That's a new for me. nice! icon_cool.gif
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    awitt11 wrote: »
    In Win 7, typing cmd in the 'Run' box and hittin Ctrl-Shift-Enter will launch an admin prompt.

Very cool! I didn't know about that keyboard shortcut before.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I need to find a concise list of "Windows key + ___" shortcuts, like the one above...once you learn them, they can save time over the course of a 10 hour day.

Any know of a list already put together?