TSHOOT Done = CCNP:R&S

pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
Well, it took 2 weeks short of three years from SWITCH to completion but done at last!

I have to say, TSHOOT was hands down the easiest of any of the professional level tests that I’ve taken to date (probably the most FUN too!).

Just a few points while it’s fresh in my mind:

I enjoyed the Cisco Press book, but don’t think it helped much on the exam. I found the ROUTE/SWITCH portable command guides to be much more helpful for “brushing up”.

Be sure to take TSHOOT shortly after test #2. I waited 5 weeks because of work/travel time restraints, but I honestly would have been ready in 2-3 weeks with solid time to study.

BUILD THE TOPOLOGY that Cisco has generously published, either in GNS3 and or on real gear. I did a hybrid setup using physical switches and virtual routers. By the time I took the exam, I already knew the network better than my own production network @ work. This comes in handy because after working with 2 to 3 monitors on every computer that I touch, it’s a bit frustrating to juggle the topology map and 3 other windows on a puny 17” LCD in the test environment.

TSHOOT_zpsde4739cb.jpg

Watch the Kevin Wallace “Bull’s Eye Strategy” videos, and then watch them again!

icon_study.gificon_cheers.gif
CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT

Comments

• Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats and good job! Well deserved!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! And that looks like fun!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Congrats!

Taking a break or onto something else?
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats pit!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks all! icon_cheers.gif
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    Congrats!

Taking a break or onto something else?

Yeah, taking a little break and then back to IE:Voice err, Collaboration studies. I need to catch-up on by beer and cigar intake first :)
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. :)
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and awesome study approach!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    About time. ;) Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • JuliusgJuliusg Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! And thanks for the information! I'll be using this when the time comes!
    Goals: Updated 14 Mar 2014
    2013: CCNA R&S COLOR=red]X[/COLOR 2014: ​
    CCNP Switch[ ], CCNA-Voice[ ], CCNP Route[ ] 2015: CCNP Tshoot [ ], CCIE Written[ ] 2016: CCIE Lab [ ]
    WGU Progress: EUP1 CDP1 TBP1 CIC1 TCP1 TJC1 AGC1 TJP1 BVC1 CLC1 COV1 CQV1 CUV1 CWV1 DEV1 DHV1 GAC1 CJC1 CDC1 UBT1 EAV1 EBV1 WFV1 UBC1 EUC1 AJV1 BNC1 BOV1 CSV1 CTV1 CUV1 IWC1 IWT1 TPV1 AHV1 AIV1
    Start date: 4/1/2014 Transfered To do Currently Working On Completed
  • thenappyonethenappyone Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I will be taking my TShoot exam soon. Everyone I talk to at work about it says it was the easiest and most enjoyable of the exams.
  • darkplayerdarkplayer Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, I just passed my exam earlier this morning. The feeling of accomplishment was long overdue. CCIE, here I come.
  • tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice good Job.
  • tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Joined the club today you are right on with your post. I didn't even have to look at the topology I had it in my head which helped big time.
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif

Yeah, no reason to go into this one unprepared given the information that is provided ahead of time! And being able to check the configs on other tickets in the lab is nice too!

I kept an easy, straight forward ticket open until the end and used it to double check configs.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

What would you say in your opinion is the most difficult of the 3 tests?

What is next in your study horizons?
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
    I would say starting from toughest, SWITCH, ROUTE, [CCNA], then TSHOOT.

Going to take a little break for the summer (maybe mix in some scripting/TCL studies) then back to IE Collaboration.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Nice job.

And PitViper, I completely agree with the order you put those exams in. Switch was crazy hard!!!
  • darkplayerdarkplayer Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Route was difficult because of all the freaking protocols I had to memorize. I thought my head was going to explode. With every exam, when I'm just about to select the submit button, my heart starts to race, my hands are shaking and I'm sweating profusely.