Options

show ip eigrp topology

JHON CENAJHON CENA Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi all,what is the difference between two below commands ?topology table supposed to display all paths so why it show only one path ??#show ip eigrp topology all-links#show ip eigrp topology

Comments

• Options
    stephanostephano Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Jhon,

show ip eigrp topology shows Successor ( primary route populate to route table ) and Feasible Successor: ( Back up route, if existing -- AD must be less then FD of primary route ).

show ip eigrp topology all-links shows all available routes learned from every EIGRP neighbor.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "show ip eigrp topology" will show the successor and all feasible successors, the command "show ip eigrp topology all-links" will show all next-hops excluding the split-horizon next-hop. So in summary all-links includes non feasible successors.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    EdTheLad wrote: »
    "show ip eigrp topology" will show the successor and all feasible successors, the command "show ip eigrp topology all-links" will show all next-hops excluding the split-horizon next-hop. So in summary all-links includes non feasible successors.

^^ This!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi