How to update old Microsoft 2000 \ 2003 exams

d1nshd1nsh Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I have passed the following exam ages ago and would like to update them with more up to date 2008 or 2012 ones. Preferable a MCSA with a windows 7 or windows 8 certificate.

How can I do this? Can I do one more 2003 exam to get a 2003 MCSA and then update the MCSA with one exam or is this not an option so would I need to redo all the exams.

Sorry but I have been out of the certification loop for a long time so not sure what to do so appreciate your help.

Certificates I have:

• Installing and Configuring Windows 2000 – Exam 70-210
• MCP Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment – Exam 70-290
• Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure – Exam 70-291

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Wow! Joined 2006, first post 2014.

2003 stuff is long gone my friend. You are basically starting from zero. We can give you some pointers but you will be best served by spending some time checking out the Microsoft Certification website. Unless you have a particular reason to study 2008 stuff, 2012 is the way to go.
  • d1nshd1nsh Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Wow! Joined 2006, first post 2014.

2003 stuff is long gone my friend. You are basically starting from zero. We can give you some pointers but you will be best served by spending some time checking out the Microsoft Certification website. Unless you have a particular reason to study 2008 stuff, 2012 is the way to go.

Yes I tried to set up an account but it said I already had one. Probably set it up when I last did a MS exam.

Thanks for the advice, I thought that would be the case but was hoping someone had another option to starting again.

I will check the site out for options.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    2003 stuff is long gone my friend.

Long gone on the certification front, but still lurking out there on 'ye-olde' bits of tin in the wild :)

Agree with cyber though, the MS website has all you need now you need to start from scratch. Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • pandiculatorpandiculator Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless you have a particular reason to study 2008 stuff, 2012 is the way to go.

I would consider taking MCSA 2008 and then doing 70-417 to upgrade to MCSA 2012; both MCSAs are 3 exams so you do one extra exam to get certified in both technologies.