Options

Are the scoring requirements for LPIC-1 really this low?

Jgonz2848Jgonz2848 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been analyzing the score requirements for LPIC-1 and I was initially surprised at how low the requirements are for it's exams. This is based off of my calculations of the grading for LX-101:

The minimum score that you could get is 200, the maximum is 800 & passing is 500. This means that there are 600 points that you can possibly get during this test. Of those 600 points you only need to get 300 of them (up to 500) to pass. Is LPIC-1 a certification earned by scoring 50% of the available points on LX-101 & 102? If so, that seems rather easy.

Comments

• Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    It's actually a pretty tough exam unless you know your stuff.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Interesting way of looking at it; however, since the 200 points are variable it would be 62.5% of all available points which are required to pass. That is still quite a low requirement though, you are right.
  • Options
    Jgonz2848Jgonz2848 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Xyro wrote: »
    Interesting way of looking at it; however, since the 200 points are variable it would be 62.5% of all available points which are required to pass. That is still quite a low requirement though, you are right.

I thought your score was between 200 & 800. Making 200 the score you get for signing your name.
  • Options
    subnettingpracticesubnettingpractice Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's an junior level cert. It's not supposed to be terribly hard. I thought it was more difficult than Network+ and Security+, but still a junior level cert.
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dont let the scoring fool you. Be ready for alot of obscure command line questions and their switches.
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    daviddws wrote: »
    dont let the scoring fool you. Be ready for alot of obscure command line questions and their switches.

Was there anything not in the Roderick book that came up on the exam?
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would check out the CBT Nuggets series on Linux+. Very good series.
  • Options
    merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was a test that was harder than all of my other current certs. A lot of stuff that you have to remember especially the CLI aspect. It is more of a stepping stone to greater certs than anything. Hopefully LPIC-2 or RHCSA is next for me!