Options

Help needed with GCIA

kbpatilkbpatil Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just attended SANS GCIA course in Austin and planning to appear for the exam before july. This was my first course with sans and basically a newbie to the world of SANS certification. I did a little research and found out that creating an index for the exam is the best way and everyone does. Can some one tell me the Do's and Dont's of creating the index. It would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't mean to sound curt, but we've covered the topic of indexing quite a bit in this forum. Do a search through past threads, but in short it's essentially a **** sheet that helps you realize your strong and weak areas when going through the books and the process of creating your own index instills the knowledge further. I personally have it as a set of general reminders on areas I'm weak in along with a lot of book/page references for each topic.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    In a summary
    DOs
    - Create your own
    - Index more on your weak areas
    - Index less on your strong areas
    - If a book cover a same topic in various part of the book throughout, write down "see also, page xxx,yyy,zzz" on every page that covers the same topic

DONTs
    - use other people index.
  • Options
    kbpatilkbpatil Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for the advice