Options

SANS Work Study

WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
On a whim a few months ago, I applied for the work study program for SANS Virginia Beach in August and my application was approved for SEC 560. Before I go through with it, does anyone have any experiences or can offer some advice prior to my accepting it and paying the 900? Also do you have to stay on site in the SANS approved hotel? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on being selected. I've done the work study twice and have an application pending for this year. This will be hands down one the best $900 you will ever spend given that you get the course, MP3s, videos, and an attempt at the test. I think you'll be working with Ed Skoudis who is not only the course's author but an excellent resource. Be prepared for long days and bring you "can-do" attitude and you will enjoy it.

SANS says that you must stay at the hotel unless you live within reasonable commuting distance. Not sure if this is enforced as I've only done local events.
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations !

I have done the work study 3 times till now. I am going to the 4th one to Canberra, Australia in July.

You can stay at the hotel or anywhere else. That condition is not enforced.

Secondly if you can pay. Go ahead and pay and the experience will count !

Just bring a good attitude and an open mind.

Cheers

Adarsh
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja