Options

GPEN 2014: What Material to Use??

snysny Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
My Apologies if this is a repeat question, this is the first time i will be preparing for SANS Certification. I don't think neither me or my employer is willing to spend $5000 for the training so just wondering what study material to use to prepare for the exam? I would really appreciate your input.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As far as I know, it's rare for someone to attempt a SANS certification without first attending their training. The exams are based on their training material, which makes the exam difficult to pass without having access to them.
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy
    Advanced Penetration Testing Guide for Highly Secured Enviroment (the ultimate security guide)
    Metasploit: The Penetration Tester Guide
    The Hackers Playbook
    Counter Hack Reloaded
    Law is not covered! But you should be able to understand the law that are tested in the GIAC exam during the practice test and prepared for it before the actual exam.

You will not failed if you study hard! Just that you cannot covered everything, the best would cover 90%. Buy a practice test and review additional content and manual first before going for the actual exam!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    If the issue is training dollars but they can give you a week off, don't forget that SANS does the work/study program for $900. You get the training, video course, audio, practice tests, as well as an attempt at the exam.
  • Options
    snysny Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just checked the work/study program. I will look into this. Thanks cyberguypr