Errata - Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, 3rd Edition

teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've found a number of errors in the OG, 3rd edition. I've submitted these errors to ISC2, who says, currently, there is no official errata page. So, I've put together an errata list for the benefit of all. If you find additional errors, please post them here and I'll add them to my list. Here's the link:
If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D

Comments

• teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fyi: I just added many more errata entries.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Try submitting the list to the publisher, CRC Press (Auerbach). The book's editor will go over your list with the author and should make an errata available on the book's page.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Try submitting the list to the publisher, CRC Press (Auerbach). The book's editor will go over your list with the author and should make an errata available on the book's page.
    I did just that back in March (a month prior to posting here). The ISC2 employee assured me that my feedback was be passed on to the correct department. However, after a month of no official errata, I posted my unofficial errata here. Since then, I've continued to submit errors to ISC2. Each time, they thank me for the feedback. I am hopeful that an official errata will be published soon. In the mean time, this "unofficial" errata may benefit others.

Also, I'm sure I've missed errors. If anyone finds additional errors, they are welcome to post here and I'll add them to the list.
  • Plan2succeedPlan2succeed Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    teancum144 wrote: »
    I've found a number of errors in the OG, 3rd edition. I've submitted these errors to ISC2, who says, currently, there is no official errata page. So, I've put together an errata list for the benefit of all. If you find additional errors, please post them here and I'll add them to my list. Here's the link:

I saw that you have just quoted the page numbers. The page numbers do not match what I have with me so I am not able to verify if your errata is correct or not (There are some which are plain spelling mistakes so they must be correct but I cannot find them on my book). Maybe they are also facing the same problem and hence are not able to check? Try Some other way to reference them - chapter> paragraph etc.,
    I saw that you have just quoted the page numbers. The page numbers do not match what I have with me so I am not able to verify if your errata is correct or not (There are some which are plain spelling mistakes so they must be correct but I cannot find them on my book). Maybe they are also facing the same problem and hence are not able to check? Try Some other way to reference them - chapter> paragraph etc.,
    Thanks for the feedback. I've added context where needed. Please let me know if I missed anything.