A+ Network Question

bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
I just passed my Cisco CCENT exam a couple weeks ago, so that material is very fresh. I'm studying for the 801 exam right now. So far, it is extremely easy for me as I have been into computers for some time. I'm basically just using Professor Messer's videos right now, and hardly any new topics have surfaced for me.

My question is, if I have my CCENT, how easy will the networking portion of the exam be? I looked over the topics, and I know pretty much every one in depth.

I'm just asking to save a little time, in case someone that have Cisco and CompTIA certifications can inform me. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    Have a look at the Exam Objectives.

CompTIA A+ 220-801 covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.

Now, basic networking in this case doesn't mean introduction to routing protocols etc, but more like use of netstat, ping, traceroute, ipconfig / ifconfig on different operating systems (Microsoft / Apple etc).
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
    Trashman wrote: »
    Have a look at the Exam Objectives.

CompTIA A+ 220-801 covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.

Now, basic networking in this case doesn't mean introduction to routing protocols etc, but more like use of netstat, ping, traceroute, ipconfig / ifconfig on different operating systems (Microsoft / Apple etc).

Thanks. I will go over the videos anyways just in case I'm not familiar with something.