InfraGard

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
For those who got approved for InfraGard, how long did it take before you heard from them? I submitted my application a while back but haven't heard back. I didn't even get an auto-reply acknowledging the application. I am starting to wonder if it really went through.

Comments

• AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    For me it was a tale of two cities. I submitted to the Des Moines Chapter and after a few months I called and talked to the Chapter President. It did not make a difference. I never heard back from them.

When I applied to Chicago (which was closer anyway) I recieved my response and card in a couple of weeks. But this was the old system. I figure the new one should be a bit more efficient.

Do you know Paul Sand and those guys? They are cool just email them and they will resolve it quickly or contact the FBI POC. The Chapter is well organized.

At the last meeting (I went to) they were handing out cards because they stopped mailing them. The FBI guy had a stack of about 100 cards.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A couple weeks? I cannot remember for sure.
  • j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    [h=1]Thank you for your interest in the InfraGard Program. We have received your application and it is currently being processed. It can take up to three months for a decision to be made on your application. Contact membership@infragard.org with any questions.[/h]
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    For those who got approved for InfraGard, how long did it take before you heard from them? I submitted my application a while back but haven't heard back. I didn't even get an auto-reply acknowledging the application. I am starting to wonder if it really went through.

When did you submit your application? I'm still waiting as well and its been 3 months
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Cool. It's been almost 2 months. I'll hit the Chicago chapter anyway and see if they can help.

Thanks a lot.
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Cyberguypr,

It took me at least 3 months to get in. Finally out of the blue I got an email from InfraGard, with an attached pdf of some advisory. I was hesitent to open it sicne I didn't get an email saying I was officially in. A day or two later the welcome email came in. I'm guessing in the major cities it takes longer.

I'm sure you will get something in the next month or so.
    Quick update, sent an email to infragardmembership@leo.gov and within less than 2 minutes got a reply from the membership manager confirming that they in fact received my application and that it is under review. He confirmed the process should take approx. 3 months.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not a member, but know a lot of people who are. They run a pretty good background check on you and that takes some time. Great way to make some connections that's for sure.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • theroamingjoetheroamingjoe Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heck I applied to the Central Ohio chapter back in late June! I still haven't gotten an answer. I've tried contacting both the chapter and Infragard and all I get is that it's in process or under review or something. A guy could get a complex waiting. icon_smile.gif

Maybe it's just low priority for the FBI. Who knows.
  • doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I actually applied TWICE. First time, nothing. Second time it was a matter of weeks.

But now that I hear the process typically takes so long...I think from first application to acceptance was 4 months.
    Another update: coming up on the 8 month mark and NOTHING. This is competing with my ATF SBR stamp to see which one takes the longest. Gotta love the feds.
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I applied for them last week. I'll hope to hear back on the application by this time next year.
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Another update: coming up on the 8 month mark and NOTHING. This is competing with my ATF SBR stamp to see which one takes the longest. Gotta love the feds.

That should be an interesting test. I only learned recently about SBR and Silencer stamps.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I think chapters vary on a lot of things. i've seen traffic indicating one chapter is very active, my chapter I found out that we had just had a meetup that I had no idea about. SA claimed that it was sent out, I sent them back a picture of all of my communications from them. didn't hear back... So I hope I can get to a meeting at some point...
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    I applied and was accepted about 2 (maybe even 3) months later. I never received an email stating my app was being processed or anything. After being accepted is when you start getting really informative emails. I attended my first meeting about a month ago, great networking and info!
  • 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I remember correctly, my application took about 1-2 months to process. I was a little surprised that I didn't get more emails from them, but the info and networking opportunities with the FBI are nice. Had a big meeting back in September at the local HQ, really cool place (even stopped at the little FBI swag store inside and got a FBI polo). The SA's were nice and had some great speakers.
  • CiscoDiditCiscoDidit Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @cyberguypr I believe my application was approved within a few months. Contact your InfraGard Coordinator in your region for an application update.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I've applied twice over the past several years and never heard anything from InfraGard. I lost interest and never gave it another go. Maybe they looked at my picture and only take clean shaven people as members. icon_lol.gif
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I've applied twice over the past several years and never heard anything from InfraGard. I lost interest and never gave it another go. Maybe they looked at my picture and only take clean shaven people as members. icon_lol.gif

Well, I can tell you that's not true.... ;)
  • 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Believe it or not, when I applied it only took about 30 days for the background check to be completed and I think there was a processing fee.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    I think you gave money to FBI MoneyPak...

lol

This is all new to me. I signed up, we will see how long this takes. I am all for networking with locals.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    SephStorm wrote: »
    I think you gave money to FBI MoneyPak...

That was in 2008, alot has happened between that time and now, so my memory is a bit rusty.

icon_wink.gif
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
    Just got my acceptance notification. It took less than a month.
    I am convinced those guys hate me. Two apps, almost 9 months, an no one gets back to me. Lovely.
    I haven't really haven't seen the value in being an InfraGard member. At least not so far.
    I haven't really haven't seen the value in being an InfraGard member. At least not so far.

I'm looking for networking opportunities, especially with the federal government.
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    I'm looking for networking opportunities, especially with the federal government.

...and that would be the only one I've seen so far. There is definitely a benefit in knowing your regional Federal agents by name. Especially before an incident occurs.
    Emailed and heard back:
    It appears that you submitted two applications in a short timeframe. It takes at least three months for the application process to be completed, but since you submitted multiple applications, you have been flagged with a duplicate SSAN; therefore it will take significantly longer to process. You will be notified via email when a decision has been made on your application. Thank you.

Make zero sense to me. I applied a second time a few weeks ago. Still nothing explains why it was there sitting for 8 months.