Passed!

jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm pretty stoked cause this is my first "real" certification and I was pretty nervous about it the night before. I took some of the advice posted and found that flagging the simulation questions for last is possibly the best strategy for this exam. I had an "exam malfunction" which didn't allow me to answer a crucial sim question. I took the hit but it didn't matter anyway. I passed the exam with a 792.

I used Darril's book, watched a few professor messer videos and Keith Barker's CBT nuggets videos. All you really need is Darril's book and access to his premium content to reinforce the concepts :D
Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
A winner is you

Comments

• dave1227dave1227 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I agree on Darril's book and the premium content.
  • shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! I am also using Darril's book and watching Keith Barker's CBT nuggets videos. I will be taking the exam end of July.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
    Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams
  • John BurtonJohn Burton Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. That is the book that I am using, so I hope to take it soon.
  • jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!
    shart1971 wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass! I am also using Darril's book and watching Keith Barker's CBT nuggets videos. I will be taking the exam end of July.

That's all the material you need to pass the exam. Best of luck!
    Congrats on the pass. That is the book that I am using, so I hope to take it soon.

Thanks! Darril's book is well-written and I truly enjoyed reading it. Good luck!

A winner is you
  • jgq85jgq85 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which one did you pass?
    SY0-301 or SY0-401?

Darril doesn't have a book otu for SY0-401 and from what I understand, the 401 exam covers alot of different stuff.
    jgq85 wrote: »
    Which one did you pass?
    SY0-301 or SY0-401?

Darril doesn't have a book otu for SY0-401 and from what I understand, the 401 exam covers alot of different stuff.

I passed the SY0-301 and from what I've seen, the SY0-401 goes more in-depth with cloud technologies and virtualization (to name a few). The CBT Nuggets Security+ series covers the new SY0-401 objectives. There's still plenty of time to take the SY0-301 but it will be retired this December.

A winner is you
  • 100k100k Member Posts: 196
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • illuminusilluminus Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Darril's book is the best for that exam. What are going to be working on next?
    Thanks guys :D
    illuminus wrote: »
    Congrats! Darril's book is the best for that exam. What are going to be working on next?

I agree 100%! I took a few days off to think about it and now I'm back on track for the ICND1, perhaps the ICND2 and definitely CCNA: Security.

A winner is you
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man!!!! Good Work!!!!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Thanks!! :D

A winner is you