Options

Unity Connection - Display and name

sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
On Unity Connection user profiles, does "Display" only concatenate the fields of "First" and "Last" name and "Display" itself can't be modified?

As in, can I edit the "Display" without touching names? If it'd editable, would it affect names?

Would this cause any trouble?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When first entering the information it will auto fill the display name from the First and Last, but you can change any of the fields (first, last, display) later and Display will not change automatically with a new First/Last.
  • Options
    So you can just change "display" directly to change the default name Cisco Unity Connection speaks? Is there any Unity Connection manual pertaining to this?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    I would recommend creating a test account to play with. Make changes to see what happens. Test theory with one account that if something goes wrong no production account is affected. This is the best way to learn IMO.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • Options
    Could you verify that for now though? I don't have a live Unity Connection I can edit around for now.
    So what I'm getting is that, once an account is created, display, first and last names are all independent?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sendalot wrote: »
    So you can just change "display" directly to change the default name Cisco Unity Connection speaks? Is there any Unity Connection manual pertaining to this?
    Thanks.

Yes you can change just the display name so you can have:
    First: James
    Last: Smith
    Display Name: Jim Smith (This is the name that is said.)

I am not sure about any literature actually saying that, but I just confirmed it on my own system.
  • Options
    Yes, I can confirm that changing the Display Name on an account where no personal greeting has been set changes the UCCx attendant greeting. If I initially set up Test Account, then call the DN, it says "Sorry, Test Account is not available". If I change the display name to Barney, then it says "Sorry, Barney is not available". Once I record personal greetings that will go away, and be replaced with my greeting.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • Options
    Yea I couldn't find any literature but thank you very much for confirming with your system.
  • Options
    You are welcome, glad you are taking an interest in Voice.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I