A new strategy to study for certification

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Over the years I've done a lot of work and done a lot of reading in IT, everything from networking, OS, and a bit of security. I'm not an expert, but not a novice either; I'm always learning. I have often read different certification books and watched videos. But now I want to do something different.

I first want to bypass most if not all text/reading and jump directly into practical tasks and taking practice tests. For example, if a chapter is on DHCP I would setup and troubleshoot DHCP and then answer questions at the end of chapter.
In areas where I'm weak, I would definitely go back to details.

But overall, I will focus on (1) practical tasks (2) answering questions. This is my new strategy and not sure if anyone else has done it.

Comments

• ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast.

Umm, you've made the wrong assumption from my post!
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What if you know nothing on the subject?
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    What if you know nothing on the subject?

It's in my post, but as I said "In areas where I'm weak, I would definitely go back to details."