Taking CCNP Route on Wednesday

CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just like with the CCNA exams, I am getting nervous as hell...
Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens

Comments

• Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know the feeling! Try to keep calm and get good sleep / eat well before going into the exam.

I am not going to lie, it’s far from easy but if you know your stuff well enough you will do fine.

Also, don't get discouraged from a fail. It's a great learning tool to come back stronger!

Good Luck!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Just like with the CCNA exams, I am getting nervous as hell...

If you were nervous for CCNA then watch out..because CCNA is kiddy poop in comparison. CCNP being kiddy poop to CCIE

You either know it or you don't at this point, final prep is always good but it's go time. Good luck!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Good luck mate! Make sure you really really know redistribution between the IGPs. It makes sense that Cisco would ask a lot of questions regarding redistribution because they can test a candidate's knowledge on multiple technologies at once.
  • AhmailAhmail Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That rush you get when you sit down for the exam is intense! I remember I had to remove my earplugs cause my heartbeat was so loud. Good Luck with Route! I just recently passed switch and starting on route and feeling alittle intimidated with it.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    That rush you get when you sit down for the exam is intense! I remember I had to remove my earplugs cause my heartbeat was so loud. Good Luck with Route! I just recently passed switch and starting on route and feeling alittle intimidated with it.

Is there a new certification called "CCNP Switch"? How do I get that? You have it listed so it must be a cert right?

• HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there a new certification called "CCNP Switch"? How do I get that? You have it listed so it must be a cert right?
    Ahhh you got me!!! I was trying to glorify myself!:D
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190

Must be on the same track as the CCWKIA.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178

The same place you earn your CCIE-Written certification :)
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you were nervous for CCNA then watch out..because CCNA is kiddy poop in comparison. CCNP being kiddy poop to CCIE

You either know it or you don't at this point, final prep is always good but it's go time. Good luck!
    Very true! The CCNA exams were a cakewalk compared to this beast of an exam. I passed though!

So I'm pretty sure there was one simlet with requirements that were impossible to meet. I can't really say anything about it here though since it would break NDA. I know there is a place for comments on the exams but I didn't want to waste anymore precious time and took a chance completing the work. Should I let this go or should I mention it to PearsonVue (who would report it to Cisco)?
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Very true! The CCNA exams were a cakewalk compared to this beast of an exam. I passed though!

So I'm pretty sure there was one simlet with requirements that were impossible to meet. I can't really say anything about it here though since it would break NDA. I know there is a place for comments on the exams but I didn't want to waste anymore precious time and took a chance completing the work. Should I let this go or should I mention it to PearsonVue (who would report it to Cisco)?

Congrats!