CISSP or CEH = lots of doubts

AlanARGAlanARG Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,
my name is Alan and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm kinda rookie so I was wondering if someone can solve my doubst before I'm taking a course or make a test without knowing in concrete what I'm about to face.

I found a free online course to prepare to CISSP ( Free Short Course: CISSP Security Certification | IT Masters ), and seems perfect because at my country there's no much institutes or places where I can learn this stuff. The only ones here are really expensive.
So, what you think about this free course? I don't understand is the final exam gives you the CISSP or if it just prepared to take it. Problem is that FAQ (at the bottom of the site) says that course aims to professionals and everyone dedicated to security and stuff, but I'm just a novice that don't have a clue of it.

My main doubt about it is if I should learn by myself everything and then take the exam to obtain the certificate, of if I should take a course because, the other way, it would take me more time.

Another doubt: CEH looks so attractive (I mean, it's name =P), but everyone told me that CISSP is quite better, why?

-

Thank you all!

Comments

• Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alan,

Los Maestros de TI curso corto sólo repasará brevemente lo que necesita para aprender a pasar el CISSP. No permitirá que usted pueda comprender plenamente todo lo que pasar el examen en el primer intento (eso es sólo una mejor estimación en realidad). Usted tiene que pagar $ 500.00 USD para sentarse para el examen CISSP por lo que si usted no lo hace la carne con los requisitos en la página web isc2.org para tthe CISSP, probablemente no se molestan en conseguir demasiado exagerada en ella por el momento. La CEH, mientras que el nombre es impresionante, también tiene requisitos de ahora, ya que es ANSII certificado, por lo que tendrá que tener esa experiencia de trabajo también.

No sé wha tyou tienen en cuanto a experiencia, pero a lo mejor va para algunos de la planta baja, certs genéricos como los de CompTIA a ser más beneficioso para usted para comenzar con? Por favor, no tomar eso como un insulto a tu inteligencia tampoco.

Undo edits
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,927 Mod
    Gotta say, that is some awful translation. Automated?
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If it's free, just take it. It couldn't hurt (although I am not sure of it's quality.)

However, if you are a "rookie" and mean you don't have much experience, I would recommend gaining the experience first before trying to obtain the CISSP.

CEH also requires work experience to attempt if you don't go to a training camp.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »

lol icon_lol.gif
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• abyssinicaabyssinica Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP is the better one to go for (if you have the opportunity) but it is higher level than CEH...so if you're like entry level, do CEH first...
    cyberguypr wrote: »

Yeah, apparently 'castilian' spanish from what my wife said since she reads/writes/speaks fluently but she speaks like south-of-the-border Spanish.

This is what it should have been in English:

IT Masters short course only briefly go over what you need to learn to pass the CISSP. Not allow you to fully understand all that pass the exam on the first try (that's just a best guess actually). You have to pay $ 500.00 to sit for the CISSP exam so if you do not meat the requirements on the website for tthe isc2.org CISSP, probably not bother to get too hyped on it yet . The CEH, while the name is awesome, now also has requirements as it is ANSII certificate, so you will need to have that work experience too.

I do not know wha tyou have in experience, but maybe going to some of the ground floor, as generic CompTIA certs to be more beneficial for you to start with? Please do not take that as an insult to your intelligence either.
  • AlanARGAlanARG Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grafixx01 wrote: »
    Yeah, apparently 'castilian' spanish from what my wife said since she reads/writes/speaks fluently but she speaks like south-of-the-border Spanish.

This is what it should have been in English:

IT Masters short course only briefly go over what you need to learn to pass the CISSP. Not allow you to fully understand all that pass the exam on the first try (that's just a best guess actually). You have to pay $ 500.00 to sit for the CISSP exam so if you do not meat the requirements on the website for tthe isc2.org CISSP, probably not bother to get too hyped on it yet . The CEH, while the name is awesome, now also has requirements as it is ANSII certificate, so you will need to have that work experience too.

I do not know wha tyou have in experience, but maybe going to some of the ground floor, as generic CompTIA certs to be more beneficial for you to start with? Please do not take that as an insult to your intelligence either.
    Thanks for trying to translate it, but English is ok for me =P.
    Your wife was right, we speak castilian (or "castellano") in Argentina, but not the same castilian from Spain actually, that's why you couldn't translate it well. And, Google Translator sucks for sentences or full text. Again, thanks anyway.

-

In the requierements for the CISSP I read that you need 5 years of paid-full time work to obtain the CISSP, is that correct?
    You can go with the Associate CISSP (aCISSP) without work experience and get the experience in 6years, then petition ISC2 to up you to a full CISSP. Or, with degrees / other certs, you can take off a year. You just need 4-6years of experience in 2 of the 10 domains.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    5 years full time or 4 years full time with a preapproved certification or IT bachelor's degree.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna