Exam questions question

RonNewYorkRonNewYork Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm cramming for it and I think so far it's going OK. But I'm immersed in IPv6 CIDR, Header fields, ethernet headers, and stuff like that and I wonder if that level of detail appears on the exam? I'm finding IPv6 a bit of a steep hill. I'll get it, but...a hill.

RON

Comments

• jesscole76jesscole76 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have heard IP6 is not even on the exam. don't quote me on that, but from what I hear no companys are even using it.
    im booked for WED so we shall see
  • RonNewYorkRonNewYork Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I hope that's right. What a relief if it is!!!
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    I doubt they will get deep into IPV6, only question they can probably ask you is the different format of IPV6, Loopback address for IPV6, How many bits are in IPV6. Simple questions, As @jesscole76 stated, we haven't adapted IPV6 yet so I wouldn't worry.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • Apex702Apex702 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From the practice tests I have been taking the questions are rather general:

"How many bits/octets does an IPv6 address have?"

"AAAA is an example of what type of IP address?"

"What does 'FA80' signify in an IPv6 address?"

That's about it from what I have seen. However, I have absolutely no experience in the IT world and have been studying for all of about 40 hours over the last 6 weeks.
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    Apex702 wrote: »
    From the practice tests I have been taking the questions are rather general:

"How many bits/octets does an IPv6 address have?"

"AAAA is an example of what type of IP address?"

"What does 'FA80' signify in an IPv6 address?"

That's about it from what I have seen. However, I have absolutely no experience in the IT world and have been studying for all of about 40 hours over the last 6 weeks.
    We haven't adapted to IPV6 yet so don't worry about it.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+