Passed Network+ today, Yeah!

georgiosgeorgios Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today I passed Network+ with 818. Not a great score but I'm happy with it as I have zero experience with networking except some normal home stuff. Spend one week reading Mike Meyers's book to build up some basic understandings, and another week using cram book to memorize everything. Now marching to MCSA.

One thing want to mention: the test center photocopied my driver licence and bank card today which they never did before. Is it normal? The receptionist said it's new rule but I doubt it. What about yours?

Comments

• ewright27ewright27 Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    She's stealing your identity! :)

They looked at two pieces of ID, including license and credit card, but didn't copy. They did take an extremely unflattering b&w photo though...
  • georgiosgeorgios Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You are kidding, right? This test center changed receptionist every time I went there, so it made me feel they were some kind of messy. I'm thinking writing an email to pearson customer service to confirm.
  • ewright27ewright27 Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes I was kidding. Sorry.

However, I don't think I'd let anybody make a copy of my bank card. Do you have a credit card? Credit cards generally have fraud protection, but if someone has your bank card, they can directly spend money out of your checking account.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Thanks, Daking. 70-680 is my next goal as it's a strong cert and will boost job-searching.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on your 70-680 studies!! It's freakishly hard!!!
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    Congrats on the Pass, how did u find the Performance questions? I took the exam Saturday and a couple of question froze on me
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
    ewright27 wrote: »
    Yes I was kidding. Sorry.

However, I don't think I'd let anybody make a copy of my bank card. Do you have a credit card? Credit cards generally have fraud protection, but if someone has your bank card, they can directly spend money out of your checking account.

It's all right, man. My bank is good at preventing fraud, so I can be less worried. It's just the messy test center made me feel some insecure.
    Snow.bros wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with 70-680 studies!

Thanks man, good to see you again.

timesvan32 wrote: »
    Congrats! Good luck on your 70-680 studies!! It's freakishly hard!!!

Thank you. I heard about it, can't wait to start studying.:D
    DonM34 wrote: »
    Congrats on the Pass, how did u find the Performance questions? I took the exam Saturday and a couple of question froze on me

Thanks. I wasn't lucky enough to get the easier batch, so I got like 9 performane questions. Most of them were not hard, the hardest part was to understand what they want. Well, some questions of the whole test weren't as easy or straight through as I thought or some guys mentioned on this forum.
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    I must agree, the performance question provide very little instructions on how to navigate in order to answer the question. EDIT - removed NDA violating comment
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+