Options

SANS OnDemand vs Self-Study

kaidranzerkaidranzer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am looking to go for SANS GCIH soon and have a question regarding the difference between the OnDemand and the Self-Study option.

On the SANS website, it is mentioned that if i get the Self-Study option I would get 2 practice tests along with the pack. There is no such thing mentioned on the OnDemand description page.

Does this mean that I can get the 2 practice tests only with the Self-study option and not with the OnDemand option?

Thanks in advance.

kaidranzer

Comments

• Options
    5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You get the two practice tests with the OnDemand option as well, no worries.
  • Options
    kaidranzerkaidranzer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ah okay. Thanks a lot for that. I'll go for the OnDemand one then.
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As far as I understand, OnDemand offers everything SelfStudy does, plus the pre-recorded slide/video demo presentations to provide a slightly more interactive experience. There are also these basic quizzes towards the end of each course section (which in my opinion are often too easy and probably serve to make sure you've stayed awake during the OnDemand recording).
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    MattSCMattSC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    docrice wrote: »
    As far as I understand, OnDemand offers everything SelfStudy does, plus the pre-recorded slide/video demo presentations to provide a slightly more interactive experience. There are also these basic quizzes towards the end of each course section (which in my opinion are often too easy and probably serve to make sure you've stayed awake during the OnDemand recording).

I've compared the options for different courses several times. As far as I can tell, if you try to purchase self study, they'll throw in the On Demand content anyway, assuming it is available for the course in question.
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't believe that to be the case. You can always contacts SANS to see if there has been a change in policy regarding that though. My experience with their front-line support has been very good in the past.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/