Preparing for the VCAP5-DCA...

Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
This will bring me one step away (a giant one at that) from the VCDX. I aim to take the DCA exam by mid/end of august. I am using a nested lab, using a customized version of Autolab I made for my this purpose. There's plenty of resources out there so I'll do my best to go through it all in a timely and organized fashion.

If you are going through the same process, chime in, we'll exchange questions and comments!
Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...

Comments

• GSXRulesGSXRules Member Posts: 109
    I'm not exactly going through the same process but let me know if you have any questions.

Are you planning on DCA510 or DCA550?
  • Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
    510. I logged on to VUE yesterday and I am authorized for that one already, can't figure out how to add 550... :)
    Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
    Use the authorization link for the 550 at VMware.com, then you'd be able to sign up for either.

Two Available VCAP5-DCA Exams
  • Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GSXRules wrote: »
    Use the authorization link for the 550 at VMware.com, then you'd be able to sign up for either.

Two Available VCAP5-DCA Exams

I forgot how I did it when I did the DCD lol :) I was searching on the Vue site... Thanks for the link :) Don`t know what the differences are though (exam wise) and the implications since I did the VCAP-DCD on 5.0. Guessing it's the same thing in the end but...
    DCA550 is shorter (180min vs 210min) has fewer questions (23 vs 26) has web access to pubs.vmware.com and kb.vmware.com in addition to the PDFs and (most importantly) is much much harder to shoot yourself in the foot and kill networking or system performance during the exam.

You can still shoot yourself in the foot, but you have to make several mistakes to affect more than one or two questions.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck in your latest quest!

I'm sure you'll blow it away, just lab up the areas you wouldnt do in everyday life - AutoDeploy, vSS-vDS migrations, PVLAN's etc.. For someone with your experience, it's an easy test. All you really need is to speed through the questions.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com