Options

Gts learning

garryebgarryeb Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just started studying for the security test again and was wondering if anyone has used these. They look great but I would like some feedback before I commit to a purchase. There are a few options and I'm tempted to just spend the 125 for the big package.

Has anyone used them in the past?? Please, any feed back would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Up to you. I think the free download of the objectives and a Sybex text (around $50) would be plenty. $125 seems steep unless it is the type of learning style that works for you.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Up to you. I think the free download of the objectives and a Sybex text (around $50) would be plenty. $125 seems steep unless it is the type of learning style that works for you.

Like Plantwiz said, S+ is definitely doable with just the text and objectives, but at the end of the day it's what works for you.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    trevm999trevm999 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am doing it through GTS learning right now with the $125 package. I'm pretty disappointed with it. 90% of the text is just repeating what Professor Messer said in the video. The labs aren't worth it. You are better off just watching youtube videos of how certain exploits are done. Professor Messer shows most if it in his videos anyway. You don't actually feel like you learned something useful you can now do after doing the labs, you just follow instructions that don't even come with much explanation.