How do you know when you're ready to take 70-410?

RedGaiterRedGaiter Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Been studying for a few weeks now. I know I'm not ready for the exam because I haven't even covered all the material yet, but how do you know when you're ready to take the exam?

Comments

• Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well for me I think once I finished the book i said "F this " time to take the exam.. Even thow I didn't pass it the first time because I was a little nervous this was going got to be my first exam. I think I did okay... but right now i'm studying again. I guess once you think you have it then you could go .. only you know when you are ready i believe...

If you don't mind me asking what material are you studying off of?
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I took my first test I was nowhere near ready but I went for it because I was able to use the 2nd shot voucher so I wanted to get a feel for how the questions were presented but that offer is no longer available.

This is one thing that's hard to know, IMO you need to get a practice test from measureup or transcender then when you feel ready take the practice test and see how you get on, if you fail that work on the weak areas then re-take and when you pass book the exam.

I really think MS should supply pre-exam tests included in the price on the exam, they make more than enough money !
  • RedGaiterRedGaiter Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking what material are you studying off of?

CBT Nuggets and Craig Zacker's book
  • sbhawksbhawk Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied for the 70-410 over the course of a month and a half. At the 4th week, I scheduled the exam and finished studying the last 75% of the material and reviewed. I passed.

Honestly, schedule the exam a month from now and you will kind of force yourself to study. Otherwise 150 dollars goes bye-bye.

I used the CBT Nuggets videos, Testout practice questions, and referenced off of Technet articles and Mastering Server 2012 R2.
    sbhawk wrote: »
    I studied for the 70-410 over the course of a month and a half. At the 4th week, I scheduled the exam and finished studying the last 75% of the material and reviewed. I passed.

Honestly, schedule the exam a month from now and you will kind of force yourself to study. Otherwise 150 dollars goes bye-bye.

I used the CBT Nuggets videos, Testout practice questions, and referenced off of Technet articles and Mastering Server 2012 R2.

Question for you on the mastering server 2012 r2 which sections did you study? I bought that book after the first time I didn't pass. Thought it would help me with taking the 2nd time around...

I tried to find the outline in the book and man I got lost. Let me know or if you took notes which sections you studied. It would help me a lot...

Thanks,

LA.. cool... I live out in riverside..

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • sbhawksbhawk Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Question for you on the mastering server 2012 r2 which sections did you study? I bought that book after the first time I didn't pass. Thought it would help me with taking the 2nd time around...

I tried to find the outline in the book and man I got lost. Let me know or if you took notes which sections you studied. It would help me a lot...

Thanks,

LA.. cool... I live out in riverside..

I used the Mastering Server 2012 R2 book to fill in the blanks and gain a better understanding on topics. One of the guys in my group personally contacted the author and he said that the book isn't geared toward any of the 3 exams.
    I think i might have to figure something out with this book. it's to bad someone hasn't come up with a list of chapters or sections in that book to study for all 3 exams. It would be nice to have something like that.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think i might have to figure something out with this book. it's to bad someone hasn't come up with a list of chapters or sections in that book to study for all 3 exams. It would be nice to have something like that.

I will start working on such a list once I finish my Win 8.1 upgrade exam. I have the book sitting on my desk, it's 1600+ pages of Micro$oft propaganda, who couldn't want to read every single page. icon_lol.gif
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
    Well thank you for taking the task. I know it would mean a lot to other users on here.

THANK YOU once again.!

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*