Passed SY0-301

JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
I finally took Security+ yesterday and passed with an 855/900. I'm glad to finally put this one behind me.

I read Darril Gibson and Glen E. Clarke's books and watched Professor Messer's videos.

Comments

• Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on earning the comptia trifecta!
    This exam really gives a nice picture on business and data needs in the workplace. Definitely helped me talk the talk.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    Congrats on earning the comptia trifecta!
    This exam really gives a nice picture on business and data needs in the workplace. Definitely helped me talk the talk.

Thanks. I hope to tackle either the Linux+/LPIC-1 or CCENT next.
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    LordSevink wrote: »
    I finally took Security+ yesterday and passed with an 855/900. I'm glad to finally put this one behind me.

I read Darril Gibson and Glen E. Clarke's books and watched Professor Messer's videos.

Congrats, very nice score! At this point you should start looking at specializing in a field, ie. Cisco exams if you want to delve in networking or SSCP or other security certs if you are looking into diving into the Security field. The sky is the limit... Good luck!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    WilliamK99 wrote: »
    Congrats, very nice score! At this point you should start looking at specializing in a field, ie. Cisco exams if you want to delve in networking or SSCP or other security certs if you are looking into diving into the Security field. The sky is the limit... Good luck!

Thank you. My aim is a career in networking with an emphasis on security.

I'm thinking of WGU's Security program, but I'm not sure about the learning style.

Thanks, Dakinggamer.